I saw these cute apple sandwiches a few weeks ago, and I knew that these would be perfect to send when Grant's teacher asked me to bring an apple snack for their class! I can not remember where I saw them though, so if anyone knows the original source let me know so I can give them credit.
Five Easy Steps to Apple Sandwiches
1. Thinly slice apples. I used a mandolin, but a knife would work just fine too.
2. Use a small cookie cutter to remove the core of each apple slice.
3. Cover one side of each apple slice with peanut butter. The peanut butter sticks easier if you dry the apple slice off with a paper towel.
4. Coat half of the apple slices in mini chocolate chips by dipping the slices peanut butter side down into a small dish of chocolate chips.
5. Sandwich one peanut butter apple slice together with one peanut butter and chocolate chip apple slice.