Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Friday, February 8, 2013

Valentine Treat on a Stick!

Anytime you put a treat on a stick, it is just so much more fun {We've all experience the cake pop phenomenon}! So when I saw these yummy red velvet {Twinkie-like} cakes at the store a few days ago, I knew that I just had to put them on a stick! And my theory was right! They were cute in the package but they are so much cuter on the stick...and the sprinkles are helping a little too:)
I started with a couple of packs of Red Velvet Bingles, white chocolate candy coating, sprinkles, and lollipop sticks.
 I started by melting my chocolate in a tall microwave safe glass. I have found that the tall glass makes it a lot easier to cover the whole cake. Just microwave based on the instructions on your package. I also thinned my  candy coating a little with a small spoonful of shortening. Just make sure to follow the directions on your particular package because not all candy coatings can be thinned this way.
Dip one end of your lollipop stick into the candy coating and then insert into the end of your cake. Place them in the freezer to harden up a little so the sticks don't slip out when you are dipping them. 
After about 20 minutes in the freezer you are ready to dip. 
 Make sure to cover the entire cake with the candy coating. Use a spoon to scoop up the coating and cover the end if needed.
 Place the cakes on a sheet of parchment paper and shake on some sprinkles while the candy coating is still wet.
 These little treats on a stick are SUPER cute from the outside, but they are even cuter on the inside!



Linking up here..
Pin It!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

yummy! going to have to try these!

Kelli said...

I love those! Cake pops are all the rave right now so these will be a hit :)

Jamie M. said...

I love these, they look so yummy!!

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

Yum-O!

Angie said...

This is brilliant! The look soooooo yummy!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

My kids would love those!!!

Eat. Sleep. Make. said...

I'm all about the treats on a stick - these look adorable! Anything dipped in chocolate has to be good :)
-Jen www.eatsleepmake.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...