Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fun New Twist on an Old Classic

I'm sure you all remember the fun ghost lollipops that we used to make as kids. They are a SUPER simply project that only require tissue paper, ribbon, and a lollipop. I loved them as a kid, but lately I've been trying to do less scary stuff and more fall type stuff for Halloween.  So when I saw this idea a few weeks ago, I knew the pumpkin version was just too cute not to make for my boys' classmates.
I started with orange tissue paper, green gingham ribbon, some small squares of contact paper,
and of course LOLLIPOPS!
I found these SUPER sized lollipops at the dollar store for $1!
The first step is to cut the tissue paper to size. Then punch a hole in the center of the contact paper square. This is to reinforce the tissue paper so that it doesn't tear. Place the contact paper square in the center of the piece of orange tissue paper.
Insert the lollipop stick through the hole in the contact paper and then through the tissue paper.
Tie them up with a piece of green ribbon, and you have a SUPER adorable and really easy party favor.

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend  wrap    up           party!
Pin It!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

These are so cute! What a great way to spruce them up!

www.theelephantstrunk42.blogspot.com

Kelli said...

This is a great version! I love the orange and especially the gingham ribbon. Great favor!!!

Kmama said...

OH! So cute. I wish I would have thought of that for Buddy's school party today.

{Kimber} said...

cute idea!!

Miller Racing Family said...

Great idea. I love the lollipops. I wish Trey's class would have had a party as these would have been fabulous. I did though get my jello the trick or treaters.
Have a great day!

Myya said...

Soooo cute! I'll have to remember this for next year.

Julia said...

Love them. I'll pass this idea along to my daughters who are always looking for cute ideas for their kiddies.

Ambrosia said...

Oh I love these!!!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Love it! The ribbon is a perfect touch. :)

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

What a fun idea!!

Kelly said...

Cute idea! Filing this one away :)

Holly Lefevre said...

Ckever---great idea...Totally filing that away for next year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...