Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Monday, September 26, 2011

I Learned All I Know About Cobblers Thanks to The Pioneer Woman

Cobblers. For some reason everyone else seems to make amazing fruit desserts, and I just can't figure it out. I admitted to this last year when I shared a great Cherry Crunch recipe. And even though I did figure out one fruit dessert, I still  had trouble with cobbler...that is until I watch the new Pioneer Woman cooking show on Food Network. She shared an easy recipe for Blackberry Cobbler that is apparently magic because this weekend I made the most scrumptious peach cobbler using her recipe {and some fresh peaches my hubby picked up for me on his way home from a business trip}. Besides the fact that this is a really great cobbler recipe, how cool is it that Ree is a blogger turned tv show host! Call me crazy but I think that is just awesome. Now on to the recipe.
 Fresh Peach Cobbler

Ingredients:
1 cup self rising flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1/2 stick butter, melted
6-8 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
cinnamon and sugar for the top


Directions:
Mix together the flour, sugar, and milk.  Stir in the melted butter. Pour the batter into a buttered 10X13 baking dish. Add cut up peaches {or whatever kind of fruit you want to try} on top of the batter. Top the whole cobbler with a sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar. Bake at 350 for about an hour. Cool slightly and serve with vanilla ice cream.

Pin It!

29 comments:

Cathy said...

I have been in the mood for cobbler.. I will have to try this. Thanks

Kelli said...

I love peaches...I love cobbler. This looks delicious. I have some peaches that I am itching to use so this will come in handy. YUM!

Amanda said...

I saw that episode too and thought 'wow! that is crazy easy to do!' lol I am thinking a cobbler will be on the menu next weekend for us!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

That looks good!!! And simple enough that it would be easy to try. :) Thanks for sharing. :)

Dee said...

I'm about to drool on my keyboard...I love cobblers!

Unknown said...

yummy way to celebrate fall with some final summer fruits.

http://stayingclosetohome.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

I love cobbler and I love how easy PW's recipe is...gotta make some soon!
Jennifer

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

I watched her episode on Sat too! I can't wait to try this!

laxsupermom said...

Yum! The cobbler sounds delicious! I love baking with fruit. That way I can pretend I'm making a healthy choice when I choose to have dessert for breakfast. ;-) Thanks for sharing.

CM said...

Ooh, that's looks so good!

Anonymous said...

That looks super yummy. I will have to try this.

Richella Parham said...

You are NOT crazy; it IS neat that she's a blogger-turned-TV host!

This recipe looks amazingly yummy as well as so simple as to be foolproof. Thank you for sharing it!

Foursons said...

Oh yum, I'd love some of that right now!

I had to change the URL to my blog. It is now www.myfoursons.com instead of .net. Long story. I'll share soon on my blog.

Miller Racing Family said...

I have never made cobbler as I thought it was so above my head, but when I saw the PW's show this weekend I was thrilled. I knew I had to try this recipe. I did make the mashed potatoes she was talking about, I will post about them on Friday.
Glad you are loving the show as well.
Blessings!

Kmama said...

Oh yum! That sounds so yummy and easy!

Joanna said...

I've never made pies or cobblers. Although I love fruity things such as those, I have been a scaredy cat when it comes to making them. However I think I'll give it a shot. It doesn't seem all that hard. I think your cobbler looks SO good!

Anonymous said...

Yum yum. I love checking her recipes and have to watch her shows which are all on DVR, now I need to find time to watch them.

Darcie said...

Okay this momma just might have to give this recipe a try....it looks SO good, especially with that scoop of icecream on top.

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

I just made PWs Blackberry Cobbler, and it was scrumptious {and easy!}! Yay for delicious fruit desserts :) That peach cobbler of yours looks delish!

Kathleen said...

Gosh your cobbler looks delicious. I wonder how this recipe would translate to gluten free. Thanks for the inspiration!

Angie said...

I love cobbler. The breaded crust is my favorite part. YUM!

carissa said...

how easy and yummy! if ree's pancakes didn't seal my hubby's crush on her, this certainly will. : )

Jenn said...

That looks so yummy! So glad I stumbled across your blog-- I'm your newest follower. ~Jenn

jules said...

I saw that too. It looks like such an easy peasy recipe, and I'm sure it is delicious.

More Than Words said...

Oh my gosh...I will have to try this super easy recipe!! Looks so good!

Unknown said...

I have made this one and the blackberry one. Both are out of this world.

Unknown said...

I have made the blackberry and the peach. Both are out of the world and so easy to make.

Unknown said...

I have made this one and the blackberry one. Both are out of this world.

Unknown said...

It is delicious. The blackberry is wonderful also. So easy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...