Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Charlotte's Web Spider Web Snack

I saw these really cute spider web snacks {from Sara at Mom Endeavors} around Halloween last year when they were making the rounds on Pinterest. I thought they were absolutely adorable, but with all the stuff that we had going on for Halloween {last year and this year} I never got around to making them. So when I got a note saying Henry's class was having a County Fair to celebrate reading the book Charlotte's Web, I knew this would be the perfect snack to make! They fit in perfectly with their celebration, and they were a big hit with the teachers and the kids!
One of the best things about my version of this snack is that it only takes two ingredients:
pretzels sticks and white chocolate/vanilla almond bark.
Start by melting your almond bark according to the directions on the package. Then add the melted mixture into a plastic squeeze bottle. I get mine at Walmart. They are Wilton brand and they usually run around $3 for 2 bottles.
Lay out a big sheet of parchment paper and put your pretzels down in a sort of snowflake design. My pretzel sticks were abnormally long so I broke mine in half to make the spider webs a more manageable size. I tried to have 7 to 8 pretzel pieces per spider web so there was plenty of pretzel for the almond bark to attach to.
Gather up some of those fun plastic spider rings.
Use your squeeze bottle to make the spider web onto of the pretzel sticks. Start in the middle and add a pretty big blob of the almond bark to make sure that all the pieces stay together, then work you way to the outside edge of the pretzel sticks in a circular motion.When I first got started I thought it was going to take forever, but it actually went pretty fast once I got the hang of it!
Before your almond bark sets too much, stick a spider ring in the middle making sure to get the ring part down in the almond bark so it attaches well. Then let them set up. Mine took about 30 minutes to be completely  set up and ready to be removed from the parchment paper. I found that the easiest way to lift them was to use an offset spatula and slowly slide it under the spider webs and lift.
When I finished making about 40 spider webs {I made some extras just in case they broke because they are kind of fragile and I didn't want any of the kiddos to have to get a broken spider web.} I used the almond bark that was left in my squeeze bottle to spell out a few of the words that Charlotte had written in her web in the story! It added a little bit more fun to the snack:)

Pin It!

5 comments:

Paula@SweetPea said...

These are so cute and I know that the kids loved them!

Richella Parham said...

SO very, very cute. Can I just tell you how much I love that you spelled out Charlotte's words? I just love that scene where the goose is spelling terrific--T double E double R double R double I double F double I double F double I double C-C-C! :)

You really are a supermom.

Erin said...

My kids made these too and they LOVED them! Yours are so cute!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Such a clever idea! I love that you spelled out the words too. :)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

My kids made those in preschool. So cute!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...