Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Homemade Baby Food: UPDATE

Since my first attempt at making homemade baby food a few weeks ago, I have made a few more batches. I think I am getting a little better, and Eli is definitely liking what I am making for him.

I bought a new food processor {my old one was a $5 special and WAY too small} so that I could make bigger batches of baby food and freeze it. My new food processor {that only cost $25} works a lot better, and it gets the food much smoother than the old, smaller one.


I have tackled bananas and sweet potatoes, both of which were so much easier to make than the apples. Bananas you just peel and throw into the machine. Sweet potatoes are baked for about an hour, cooled down a little, cut in half, and then get scooped into the food processor. I did learn the hard way that you should wrap a sweet potato very well, or it will ooze and drip all over the bottom of your stove{YUCK}!


Eli LOVES his yummy bananas, and he did pretty well eating the sweet potatoes too!


Do you notice anything strange about these picture??

Eli has been eating his homemade baby food while sitting in an umbrella stroller!!

I tried the bumbo chair, but he leans over way too far {trying to play with his toes}.

I tried his bouncy seat, but he leans back way too much {because he is SO heavy}.

So, where is the high chair?

It's sitting in the utility room.

All gross and mildewed because it had been in the attic since Grant got big enough to sit in a booster seat at the table.

Really only the straps were mildewed, so I think I am going to call the manufacturer and see about just buying replacement straps. I hate to go out and spend money on a new high chair when we have a {not so} perfectly good one at home!

But in the meantime, Eli will be enjoying his meals from the comfort of his lovely umbrella stroller.

Pin It!

3 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Where did you get your food processor? I am in the market for one too. I think that is awesome that you are making your own food and it is going well.

Jennifer W. said...

Hi...I'm glad the food processing is going well. I made the pics with the kids name on them on paint.net. I went on thecutestlittleblogontheblock.com, and under blog secrets I clicked on the link to 'How to add a signature to your blog.' It recommended downloading paint.net to create the signature (which I still haven't figured out how to do yet) and I realized I could use it with pictures.

Jennifer W. said...

Oh, yeah...before you atempt getting new straps for the high chair, try bleaching the old ones. Just mix 1 part bleach to 2 parts water and let them soak for a little while. (Well, I guess this will only work if they're white or off-white.) Anyway, after you take them out, rinse them and throw them in the wash with your dish towels. It worked for us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...