Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sweet Treats!

I found the cutest heart shaped cupcakes a few weeks ago while I was browsing around the internet looking for Valentine's Day ideas! They were cute, and they didn't require me to buy a special pan either....all I needed was some marbles.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
To make SUPER cute heart shaped cupcakes:
Line your muffin tins with paper cupcake holders.
Mix up your favorite cake batter.
Pour the batter into the liner making sure to only fill them up halfway. Then slide a marble between the liner and the muffin tin on one side. I found that it is best to only push the marble down a little bit, not all the way to the bottom of the cup.
Bake the cupcakes as directed.
Let them cool a little bit, then remove them from the muffin pan and cool completely.
Decorate the SUPER cute heart shaped cupcakes with lots of pink, red, and white sprinkles!
Then take lots of pictures because you are so proud of how cute they turned out!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
I also made yummy Rice Krispy Treats using strawberry flavored {and heart shaped} marshmallows. Then I cut them out with my big heart shaped cookie cutter. They turned out so cute and even had a little bit of pink tint!
These would be even better with a little bit of chocolate drizzled on top...but I was trying not to eat ever single sweet treat that I made!

What kind of yummy treats are making for Valentine's Day?

Pin It!

23 comments:

Bits-n-Pieces said...

YUM!! Will you be my mommy? :)

Emily said...

Super cute! Man, I really feel like I need to get my game on...I'm lagging behind in the cute treat competition! The heat from the oven didn't hurt the marbles?

Carrie said...

OH, those are so CUTE! What a neat idea! Emily is sitting with me and she said..."mmmmm...I want to make those!" She takes after me, haha! I will have to look through our pantry and see if I have cake mix...it's another snow day...we need to keep busy!

Darcie said...

How cool is that! I would have never known that is how you can make heart shaped cupcakes. I tell my kids to learn something new everyday. I just did...now that I have, can I just go back to bed for the day?

Angie said...

Fun treats!

I need to get to baking...you have motivated me.

Tina said...

How cool is that? What a neat (and easy!) idea. The cupcakes and the rice krispy treats are both super cute!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

OK, I NEVER would have thought of that and I just made cupcakes with my kids...Bummer!

They turned out adorable AND Yummy!! Yah!

More Than Words said...

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!! I'm totally going to do that!!

Yours came out so cute!!!!!!!!

{Kimber} said...

what a great idea!! they look sweet AND YUMMY!

Myya said...

YUM!!! How awesome are the heart shaped cupcakes!!! I am so going to steal that idea... gotta get some marbles first though. I feel a failure... your rice krispie treats look perfect! I had planned on doing this but haven't... huh, maybe you've inspired me & I will :)

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Those are adorable!!! I've been eyeing all those cute heart-shaped pans, but they were too expensive to justify. This is a great idea!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Those heart cupcakes are so cute. Girl you are one baker! Creative. Love it!

Five Moms & A Blog said...

Oh these are so cute! Very clever and I have to say that I absolutely heart cupcakes!!!! I have loved them since I was little.

Five Moms & A Blog said...

oops, that was me, Nan, sorry!

~ Nan

Kerri said...

I will be expecting one heart shaped cupcake at school tomorrow! Please, send it with Henry! haha or atleast save me one at the party Friday...

Kelli said...

Love it! Those cupcakes are so adorable and I love the rice crispy treats. That's what I'm going to make for Jam's party as soon as she feels better. I've been trying to think of how to make them Valentiney.

J.J. said...

New to your blog...and I have to say that I love that cupcake idea. Sometimes the good stuff is so simple!

Miller Racing Family said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the cupcakes. I am so making these for Sunday School this week. Thanks for the idea! Have a fabulous day!

ashley mcgehee said...

Oh man. Wish I would have looked at this before Valentine's Day. Dave got regular shaped ones... Yours are SO cute! I'm filing this marble trick in the memory! :)

myevil3yearold said...

What am I making?

I am totally making the marble cupcakes. So, I guess I am just stealing your idea!

*erin* said...

Those are adorable! And SOOO simple!

Cindy deRosier said...

I'm the Editorial Assistant at Fun Family Crafts and I wanted to let you know that your heart-shaped cupcakes are being featured! You can see them here:

http://funfamilycrafts.com/heart-shaped-cupcakes/

If you have other kid-friendly crafts, we'd love it if you would submit them. If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above. Thanks for a wonderful project idea!

Unknown said...

Pinned this to do for V-Day. Thanks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...