Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Thursday, June 3, 2010

6 Days of Summer Fun! Day Three: Make Your Summer Plans with a Welcome Summer Banner

Welcome to Day 3 of our 6 Days of Summer Fun with the Super Moms
6DaysofSummerFunwiththeSUPERMOMS
This post is from Angela at Secretsofasupermommy.blogspot.com

I like for Summer at our house to be SUPER FUN, of course!
But I wanted to be sure that we were doing the important things as well (reading, making bank deposits in their savings accounts{and that means earning money by doing chores}, and working on goals (CubScouts, Piano, etc)! I made this banner last year to help be sure we were getting the things done that we needed to get done and mixing the right amount of FUN in with it!

First, I printed out little tags with all of the things we were planning to do this summer.

Here is my list:
Surprise!
Something Special! (this is great for those one time things)
Extra Fun (this was for when I added something on to one of our weekly activites)
School (they went to vacation bible school and a summer play school hosted by a local preschool)
Playdate (when a friend has us/them over)
Picnic at the Park
Storytime (lots of book stores host these)
Library
Meet Daddy (sometimes we meet for lunch)
Going to a Movie (we love Regals free movie program)
Going out to Dinner
Leaving on a Trip!
Playgroup (there are several that we occasionally attend)
Party
Roaring Springs (our local water park)
Bank (they get to make deposits and my husband matches it, this means they have to do their chores)
Having Friends Over
Working on Goals
Volleyballin’ (sometimes I meet up with friends to play)
Water Day (there are lots of fun pools, splash parks, and beaches on the lakes or rivers)

And here is how they look once I cut them, punched a hole in the top, and put a piece of jute rope through the hole (this makes it easy to pull them out of the envelope).

Next, make a pocket for them.

Fold a piece of cardstock and staple the sides. Make a label for the front and distress it with an ink pad, then punch a hole and tie on an 18 inch piece of jute rope or ribbon (tie it onto the wide ribbon when you get to that point).



Then, to make your envelopes:
My SIL, Jen, and I shared a box of these from Office Max. I think there was 500 in the box. I printed the days of the week, distressed the edges with an ink pad, and glued them on. Then I punched a hole in the top and hung it from an 18 inch piece of jute rope or ribbon.



At this point you could be done by just hanging the days of the week onto a thicker ribbon!

Or you can make the whole Welcome Summer Banner to make it SUPER cute.

Heres How:
First, get some chipboard shapes (they come in a "book" of 5) and some chipboard letters (or use vinyl).
I got mine at Michaels, but I heard you can sometimes find them at Archivers in the $1 section.

Mod Podge decorative paper onto them, turn them over and cut the excess paper off with an exacto knife.


Then sand them to get the edges nice and smooth. Distress them with an ink pad if desired. Glue the chipboard letters on to make your words.

Punch holes in the tops and hang onto a wide ribbon.


Leave enough room on the ends of your wide ribbon to hang. String one or two ribbons through your chipboard and tie it to the larger ribbon.


My kids LOVE to take the tags out and see what is in store for the day and the week!
Your kiddos will enjoy a Summer of Fun with an easy to follow plan!

~Angela
secretsofasupermommy.blogspot.com

Pin It!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is adorable. You crafty women are so inspirational!

Kelli said...

That is an adorable banner and those are great ideas. It sounds like you and your kids will have a great summer. I do have a question about sanding. Do you wait till the Mod Podge is completely try and then the sanding is easy?

Unknown said...

ADORABLE~ AND OH SO CLEVER!!!! LOVES IT!

Jenny said...

Love Love Love your blog! This is the cutest idea!

He & Me + 3 said...

That is so fun. OMGosh what an awesome idea. YOu all are so creative and I love it.

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

What a great idea!! I love it on so many levels..practical, fun and too cute!
Thank you for sharing (and inspiring)!!

MommaD said...

Great ideas ladies! Can't wait to try some of the crafts you've been featuring. But right now I am in packing mode, which also includes paring down and getting rid of lots of stuff. Excited to buy our house and move, then DECORATE!

carissa said...

this is just too smart! wow! and its so gorgeous! love this! summer is going to be super fun at your house. : )

Foursons said...

Love the banner and the ideas are great. I'm going to have to remember some of them!

Jessa said...

I love this idea! Great way to balance work and fun!

Carrie said...

THat is so cute! If I was organized enough, I would love that, haha! We are so spontaneous, I could use some really great plans like this, what a great idea and a fun way to look forward to the next event! Love it!

Jaimie said...

That's a really cute idea!

Jenn said...

This is one of the cutest ideas I've seen in a long time! I'm so... loving it! Thank you for sharing.... I think I've got a weekend project now! Hehe... :)

More Than Words said...

Oh my gosh! You are good, Kelli...really!! Wow!! So creative!!! I just tell my kids what we're doing that day! LOL

Angela said...

Hi Kelli,
You definitely have to wait for the mod podge to dry or sanding it will tear the paper. By the time you all of your chipboards mod podged and trimmed, the first few will be ready to sand. Good Luck!

Angela

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

That is beautiful! I love the idea of having so many fun summer activities planned!

trishandwade said...

Such a CUTE idea! I love it! Your boys are absolutely adorable, too. Just found your blog from New Friend Friday, and I'm looking forward to exploring it more. Happy Friday!

Erin @ Crafts and Sutch said...

What a great idea to get kiddos excited about the days activities and it helps moms to stay organized. :) LOVE this!

Have a super week, and stop by craftsandsutch.blogspot.com when you get a chance to take a peek at what I've been up to.

Erin :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...