Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sweet Dr. Seuss Snack

*Click HERE for an updated version of this SUPER cute Dr. Seuss Snack!*
Tomorrow is Dr. Seuss' birthday!
I love that my kiddos' school spends the whole week celebrating one the most beloved children's authors, and I love even more that they get to read some of Dr. Seuss' wonderful books this week!
Henry's teacher asked if I would bring a fun snack for their class tomorrow and she suggested these fun and easy
GREEN EGG CANDIES!
All you need is candy melts, green M&Ms, wax paper, a template, and a squeeze bottle.
 Start by finding clip art of an egg and printing it out whatever size you want your Green Egg Candies to be. Printing the egg on a black background makes it easier to see the edges of the egg. Place the printed egg under some wax paper so that you can trace the shape on top. This step isn't necessary {you can freehand the shape if you would like} but it helps to make all the candies the same size.
 Place your white candy melts in a bowl and microwave according to the package directions.
 Pour your melted candy melts into a squeeze bottle.
 Simply trace around each egg and then fill it in with candy melts. Be sure to add the green M&M before the candy hardens too much.
 Allow the candies to dry on the wax paper. Mine probably only took 15-20 minutes.
 Here's a little tip: If your candy melts start to harden up in your bottle, place the entire bottle in a cup of warm water to keep the candy as melty as possible:)
 Serve them up on a cute green plate or ship them off to school in a big box...either way your kiddos will love celebrating Dr. Seuss' birthday with these fun Green Egg Candies!

Pin It!

32 comments:

mom2maya said...

Pure Genius!

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

Wow! Super cute and super simple. I LOVE it.

LBB said...

Awesome! My kids are going to freak out when they get home today!! Love this idea!!

Joanna said...

What a cute idea!

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

How super cute! A heck of a lot better (and tastier) than my green eggs I tried fixing last year. Where do I get candy melts?

I had to share this so I passed on thru the 3 Sun Kissed Boys' Facebook and Twitter pages.

Stuff by Ash said...

So cute and simple! What a fun idea. Thanks for sharing.

ellie g said...

Okay, I LOVE this idea! LOVE! Did I say....LOVE? I'm gonna share it on my FB page today. And do it with my Boy Scouts for Den Meeting tomorrow! Thanks so much!

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

Those are adorable..and totally something I could do :)

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

These are the cutest things ever! I think this is my favorite Suess snack to date. Thanks so much, I'll be linking.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Oh, I love it!!! About the only kind of green egg I would eat. ;)

Unknown said...

So cute! These would also be great with yellow candies for April Fool's Day!

Clisty said...

So cute!! I love this! You could do so many things with this idea! Thanks for sharing!

Found you on Handmade Projects, if you get a chance check me out!
http://www.ruralgrace.blogspot.com

Kmama said...

Those are so cute! Buddy's school is celebrating Dr. Seuss all month!

Angie said...

I love those...tooo cute!!

laxsupermom said...

Adorable! Love this idea! SB's class is celebrating Seuss this month, too. Thanks for sharing.

Erin said...

Those are so stinkin' cute I can't even tell you! LOVE it!!!

Willefam said...

Adorable!!!

Courtney said...

This is sooo Cute!!

Kelli said...

Where do you come up with this stuff. This is amazing! I love it...so creative and so fitting. The kids are going to enjoy these so much.

Celeste said...

Awww, supercute! New follower here...Found your link on Twitter somehow and glad I did :-)

CHEERS!
Celeste

Anonymous said...

Genius! What an amazing idea. Gav has been celebrating as well.

CM said...

That is so cool! Your creativity always amazes me.

Nicole @ Wohler's World said...

How creative!! I'm sure the kids are going to love them. I'm volunteering at a school tomorrow to read, I wish I had more time to make these for the kids!

Jolene said...

How adorable! Yeah, your sons' school celebrates Dr Seuss' Birthday. My boys' school did the same. What a great tribute to a special author!

Heidi Boos said...

You're so creative, Kelli!! These are so cute and I bet they are a delicious little candy snack for the kiddos. I love your little tip on how to keep the candy melts warm and soft enough to pour.

Lindsey said...

This is so clever! What a fun and easy idea! Thanks for sharing.

Paula@SweetPea said...

These are so cute! I'm visiting via Amanda's feature on you today. I'll definitely be back!

Unknown said...

CAN YOU BE A BETTER MOM? TO CUTE! LOVE THE Green eggs! winks-jen

Victoria ObSEUSSed said...

I would eat these in a Box, I would eat them with a Fox! Great idea! I bet the kids liked these more than regular eggs. I like the tip about the wax paper to help get the shape better, and the squeeze bottle to pour the chocolate. I'd love if you linked this (and any other Seuss posts you've done) to The Dr. Seuss Link Collection at obSEUSSed. http://www.obseussed.com/2011/03/happy-birthday-dr-seuss-celebration.html Thanks! - Victoria

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Awesome! Thanks for the tutorial, I was just wondering who to make this for my daughters bentos this week. :)

The Preppy Strawberry said...

Oh I love this idea!! Thanks for sharing the tutorial - something I will have to try next year! I just included your tutorial in a round up on my blog ~ Amy




http://thingamajigetc.blogspot.com/2013/03/dr-suess-round-up.html

RG said...

Best Green Eggs snack I have found to date. We will absolutely add those to our Dr. Seuss party in March.

TIP. you can add the chocolate melts directly to the plastic bottle and microwave for 30 secs, mix chocolate by massaging the bottle, return to microwave for another 30 seconds, massage and continue till melted. Saves on scraping it in

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...