Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Jack O Lantern Waffles

What's more fun than colorful waffles? Colorful waffles that smile back at you of course! If you've been around my blog long you know that I have quite an obsession with FUN waffles, and today I'm sharing my newest fall waffle creation: 
To make these smiling waffles, all you need is a waffle mix of you choice, orange food coloring, and mini chocolate chips.
After you mix the batter according to the package directions, add a pretty good amount of orange food coloring {I always use Wilton gels because they make the color a lot more vibrant than liquid food coloring}.
Stir in the food coloring and add more as needed.... You want to make sure your jack o' lantern is a vibrant orange, not a pastel color.
After your batter is mixed up and you've got the perfect shade of orange, get your mini chocolate chips ready. I found it was easiest to pour them in a small bowl. That way I could scoop them up with a spoon and add them to my waffle batter quickly.
Pour the orange waffle batter onto your greased and heated waffle iron. Using a spoon {it gives you a little more control of the those crazy mini chips}, add the mini chocolate chips onto your waffle in the pattern of a jack o' lantern....eyes, nose, and big smiling mouth.
When your jack o' lantern waffle comes out of the waffle iron, it will be smiling back at you!
I had three hungry boys waiting for waffles so I didn't have a ton of time to decorate these after they came off the waffle iron, but you could add some green gummies to the top of the waffle as a stem and leaves to make them even more fun!

Pin It!

14 comments:

Kelli said...

When I come to stay with you I would like some of your yummy waffles :) And this reminds me that I need a new waffle iron.

Darcie said...

Cute, cute, cute!!!
Yum, yum, yum!!!

Kmama said...

Those are so adorable.

Joanna said...

Love these! I don't have a waffle iron and have wanted to do your candy corn ones for a while now. I don't think I could pancake those but this I could do with pancakes!!

Anonymous said...

I adore all your waffle creations Kelli, how fun. I'm still here without a waffle iron though, ugh I really need to get one.

Lori Beth said...

Super cute! I have taken "stolen" your waffles ideas and used them all. My littles love them! We made pumpkin waffles just last week, but I didn't think to make Jack O Latern ones. I see more waffles in our future!
Ps. I also made your football windsocks last month, love them. :)) Have a great week!

Foursons said...

Have I told you how deprived my kids are? :D

Shelby said...

You are amazing!!----I am super envious of you, I cannot let my kids see all you do :) I am going to be brave and give these a try! Whenever I make waffles --they stick to the iron and come out all deformed---what's your trick?
Luvs,
Shelby
Http://www.collettis.blogspot.com

Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said...

Super stinking cute!!

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms said...

Love this idea! We make pumpkin waffles and pancakes, but now I'll add the food coloring and make them more fun. Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

Way cool and totally creative!

I would love for you to share this recipe and other festive ideas I see on your site (candy corn waffles) on my mommy solution meme!

http://www.crystalandcomp.com/2011/10/the-mommy-club-share-your-resources-and-solutions-14/

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

YUM! Our waffle iron just does squares--maybe I need to invest in a circular one. ;)

Becca @ My Crazy Good Life said...

Ahhh!! Your waffles are GREAT!!!! I'm coming back here for tips!

MJ said...

Love your blog! Feel that I need a waffle iron though ;) Am your latest follower!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...