Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Biscuits with Chocolate Gravy

Earlier this month, I set out on a mission to make homemade biscuits. I've tried my hand at homemade biscuits before, but for some reason they always turned out hard as rocks or not very tasty I never was able to get the perfect biscuits! So after stumbling upon a pin about different flours used to make biscuits, I decided I needed to heed the advise of the blog post and try again at making some delicious homemade biscuits! I'm going to be honest here and tell you that I tried three different times over four days, and I only ended up with okay biscuits...which means I need to keep trying. But along with my okay biscuits, I also made a REALLY delicious chocolate gravy! 
Now I know when most people hear the words chocolate and gravy together they think it sounds disgusting...when I first heard about chocolate gravy when I was in college I thought it sounded pretty gross too! BUT it's not! It is actually really yummy and I'm so glad that I tried out this recipe, because it almost made up for my just okay biscuits:)

I found quite a few different variations on chocolate gravy, but this easy recipe from VarmintBites looked like a good recipe to try! And it did not disappoint! 


Chocolate Gravy
5 Tbsp unsalted butter
3 Tbsp flour
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
4 Tbsp sugar
1 cup milk
1-1/2 tsp vanilla

Melt butter in skillet.  Add flour, cocoa powder, and sugar. Cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes.  Slowly add the milk, making sure to incorporate it fully.  Cook for another 2 minutes, until thick. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla.  Serve on warm buttered biscuits.


Linking up here..
Pin It!

3 comments:

Kmama said...

I'm not sure about the chocolate gravy. I think I would much prefer spicy sausage gravy with my biscuits.

And you are too funny! All that work for homemade biscuits that are just "okay"?? Store bought would be my choice. ;-)

sweetmommy2007 said...

I believe I made some delicious biscuits from Food Network web site. It was Ina Gartens biscuits and they were light and flaky.

The Mississippi Martha said...

I thought chocolate and biscuits was just a Mississippi thing. This was one of my favorites growing up! My mom swears by White Lily flour for biscuits and kneads the dough a little before rolling them out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...