Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Rainbow Oatmeal for St. Patrick's Day

Two out of three of my boys love oatmeal...the other takes a little bit of coaxing and he will normally eat about half a bowl. But when I put this bowl of rainbow oatmeal in front of him it took way less convincing to get to him to eat his oatmeal! St. Patrick's Day is such a fun holiday, and I've made quite a few different rainbow treats to celebrate over the years. But this year St. Patrick's Day falls on a Sunday which means we will be short on time to make fun treats since we will be running around trying to get to church on time. I decided to make some healthy oatmeal and add a little bit of a St. Patty's Day twist with a couple shakes from my sprinkle stash:)
Raid your sprinkle stash {or buy a couple bottles of sprinkles in all the colors of the rainbow}!
 Fix up your kiddos' favorite oatmeal and then simply add the sprinkles on in the shape of rainbow.
They turned out so pretty, and once your kiddos mix the sprinkles into their warm oatmeal, their whole bowl will be colorful!
 Our fun rainbow oatmeal even got this oatmeal non-lover to smile!

Pin It!

8 comments:

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

what a creative idea!

Foursons said...

Hey, I could do this one! I won't...but I could! :D

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

That's a great idea!

Emily said...

Such a cute idea! I may have to try that even though St. Patty's day is over!

Anonymous said...

What a simple fun idea. Zoe is my oatmeal lover just like mom:)

Krissy said...

OMG! This is the most amazing idea and looking oatmeal I've ever seen. I have to try this with my kids...and me too. lol :) Thanks!!

Krissy @ Mommy Miscellaneous

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

SOOOO cute, Kelli! I need to get more creative with our snack choices :)

Epic Thread said...

How cute!
Jillian - http://epic-thread.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...