Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

New Toy and New Crafts

I finally convinced myself that I had plenty of thing to make to justify buying a Cricut. So I saved up some Christmas money and a few giftcards that I had won, and I bought it! I've only had it out of the box for about two weeks, and I've only cut out a few things....but I LOVE it!

I can see this being SUPER helpful with all kinds of school projects, birthday parties, and crafts. I can't wait to start using it more...and if anyone has any great ideas or blogs to share let me know.

So far this has been one of my creations:
It is a simple frame from Target.
I used solid color paper for the background and cut out the B on some cute scrapbook paper.
I hot glued the ribbon to the back and tied a bow. Pretty easy to do and SUPER cute!

I also made these:

I am planning on mounting them on a bigger board to hang in my hallway. I also made these so that I can change the pictures up for different times of the year. I am thinking "HOP" for Easter,"USA" for the 4th of July, "BOO for Halloween, and "Joy" for Christmas!

I am having a blast playing around with my new Cricut. Is it sad that I am looking forward to the boys' next school project, so I can use it some more?!?

Pin It!

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how creative. I love the letter B that is adorable!

{Kimber} said...

OH MY WORD!!!!! I LOVE THESE!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I am so jealous! LOVE it!!

Leslie said...

My, My, that "B" IS Adorable! It would look especially adorable in MY house! Oh wait, it IS in my house now!!! Thanks again for that cute happy! Sorry I'm just now sayign thank you. I refuse to check email on the weekend and had a REALLY bad day at work yesterday, so I didn't get to it. I REALLY love the B. :)

Angela said...

Hi! Thank you for coming by my blog yesterday! And I agree, I would rather us all be sick at once then pass it back and forth, Love your frames, I want a cricut now, lol! :) Have a great week!
Angela

Darcie said...

That looks like one fun toy for mom! Have fun being creative.

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

So cool, Kelli! I had a feeling you got a Cricut. I've wanted one for a long time, but I'm not sure where I'd put it, nor do I have the money right now. Maybe next year?

Angie said...

You are so stinkin' creative! I love it!

Tina said...

So cute! I've been trying to convince myself (and the hubby!) that I need a Cricut, but no luck so far! Enjoy your new toy!

Carrie said...

I love those! I love letters and these are beautiful! I have friends who have a Cricut...and all the FUN things you can do with it...great idea with the three frames to change for all seasons!

Jennifer W. said...

Wow! I've looked at those several times, but I'm so not crafty or creative...you make it look so easy!! What a fun new toy. I love the B.
Jen

Emily said...

Super cut! I love the holiday ideas.

More Than Words said...

What a fun tool, and you've only spent a fraction of what you would pay to buy that at a store! Love them!

Myya said...

That machine is AMAZING!!! LOVE the I <3 U frames & what great ideas for upcoming holidays!

Foursons said...

The infomerical for the Cricut makes me want one so badly!

Katie said...

So, so cute! Wow!

Unknown said...

I have been looking at them since before christmas and am saving my money to buy one! I love crafty things!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Oh you are gonna love all the projects..I label everything in my kids room with that darn thing......plus scrapbook too!

I ♥ My Cricut! Great purchase!

CM said...

Oh my goodness, that is amazing! Both examples look so perfect. You are so creative.

Kelli said...

You absolutely deserve a Cricut because you are so stinkin creative! I love the B and the I {heart} U. I'm putting mine to use this weekend. I might break down and buy a new cartridge (I still only have the one it came with). Which one do you have?

He & Me + 3 said...

Great job on those crafts and I love love love my cricut. It is the most handy toy:)

Miller Racing Family said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I love the B in the frame. So simple but so cute.

Bits-n-Pieces said...

Those cricuts seem super cool. My daughter got to use one in her GT class last year. I'm so not crafty..but I might could do something like that....maybe!!

Dee said...

How cute! I 'm so jealous. You have inspired me so much. We're looking for a bigger house so I can have a room to set up a sewing machine and other crafty stuff. I want to do the cutesy stuff too!!!!!

MommaD said...

I LOVE the cricut! Hoping to buy one of my own after we move this summer!

Mandy T said...

im thinking we need to have a cricut nite and make sum fun stuff

Janean said...

very, very su-weet! each model gets better, huh? glad you got one.

Heather (One Take On Life) said...

This makes me want a Cricut. Super cute ideas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...