Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Jello Jigglers

Summer boredom is setting in fast, so I have been trying to do some fun activities with the boys to keep their whining to a minimum entertain them.
The other day we made Jello Jigglers....they are fun to play with and fun to eat!Mix two large boxes or four small boxes of jello {or in my case one big box and two small boxes} with 2 1/2 cups of boiling water. Stir for about two minutes until all the Jello is dissolved. Pour into a 9X13 pan {not a baking sheet like I did...it will be way too thin}, and place in the refrigerator for a couple of hours until the Jello is set.
Get out the cookie cutters...
...and let your kiddos have a blast playing with their food...
...and learning some letters and shapes at the same time!
And when they get tired of play, they have a fun snack to eat!


Pin It!

22 comments:

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

thanks for posting this. I think my kids will have a blast with jello. I was looking for a few different ideas for inside fun & this is perfect!

Stephanie said...

Those are soooo yummy!!!!! We're going to have to try this soon.

Kelli said...

Is that Eli's little hand in the last picture...too sweet. I used to always want to make these when I was little. How fun!

Melissa said...

I remember making those when I was little. My girls don't much care for jello but jiggglers are so firm they might go for it!!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Natalie would loooove this!!! :) Good activity!

Kmama said...

I always forget about Jell-o!

Alisa said...

my little guy would love to do this and they look yummy! thanks for the idea.

Angie said...

What a fun idea!!

Yes, we are running out of fun ideas also. Summmer boredom is setting in here for sure.

We made a version of your taco pizza last night, I linked back to ya, so go check it out. I hope you don't mind, I used your idea :)

Colleen said...

Good idea! I have to try and find the adorable little cutters.

Ruth said...

Yummy, what a fun activity. For some reason my jello jigglers never turn out right. I think I don't use the right pan or something. I don't know. Maybe I'll give it another go since it looks like the boys had so much fun.

Emily said...

There is something about jello that just makes it fun!

Anonymous said...

Jello Jigglers are always so fun! My kids like them square and stack them.

carissa said...

so fun, cheap and entertaining! win-win-win!

Foursons said...

My mom used to make those all the time. Yum.

He & Me + 3 said...

Ok...I need to do this with my kids. How fun.

jules said...

Everyone loves jello jigglers....yum.

Carrie said...

ah yes...I know just the whining you speak of ;) I've never made Jello Jigglers, but I know Alex and Emily would LOVE them! Thanks for the idea! I really need to do that...I even have Jello in my pantry...what am I waiting for?!

Miller Racing Family said...

Trey hates jello so I will have to try these to see if they will change his tune.

RAQZ said...

i'm raquel, i'm not a mom [yet] and i have to say your blog is inspiring :)

Dee said...

We haven't done these in a long time, but we need to!

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Fun *AND* Yummy! I love it! :)

Anonymous said...

Here is a fun idea mom. Jell-O glasses.
http://sandboxworld.com/jell-o-glasses/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...