Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Monday, October 25, 2010

Candy Corn Tshirts

A few weeks ago, I made the boys some really cute and really simple Candy Corn Tshirts.
I started with some plain white broadcloth, plain yellow broadcloth, and some cute black and orange polka dot material. I decided how big each color should be and then cut strips of each material. I lined them up like a candy corn: white on top, orange in the middle, and yellow on the bottom.
I printed out a clip art candy corn to use as a template. I traced the shape onto some iron on adhesive. {You could just freehand the shape if you wanted to.}
Then I attached the candy corn shaped iron on adhesive to the back side of my strips of material following the directions on the package. After it cooled off, I trimmed the extra material away and then ironed the candy corn to the shirt.
I used my sewing machine and went around the edges of the candy corn with a straight stitch. I also did a zig-zag stitch between the different colors of material.
And that is how you make a SUPER cute and SUPER easy Candy Corn Tshirt for fall!
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend  wrap    up           party!
Pin It!

23 comments:

Amy @ Positively Splendid said...

Super cute, Kelli!

KTW said...

Adorable! :)

Kelli said...

Cute! I love that polka dot fabric.

FrouFrouBritches said...

Super cute! I need to do one for our trip to the pumpkin patch this week. SEW CUTE!

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

what cute shirts...I would like one for myself :)

Kelly said...

I wish I had a shred of your talent! This is exactly what I'm looking for. I bought my daughter these adorable candy corn corkers for her hair but have nothing to match them. I haven't had any time to look for a candy corn shirt and time has run out :( I'm hoping to find something in the next few days...otherwise I will wait until next year and beg you to make one for me ;) You totally need to open an etsy shop!

The Tesdalls said...

So cute!!!

Kmama said...

That is so cute!!

{Kimber} said...

SOOO adorable!!

Now I want candy corn! haha :)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Very cute shirts!

Angie said...

Cutest shirts ever! I love candy corns!!!

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Those are so cute!

Phyllis said...

You make it look so easy.

Foursons said...

So cute and they match your candy corn jars! How much longer are the boys going to happily agree to wear your creations? Force it for as long as you can girl.

Unknown said...

cute cute cute!

Carrie said...

So cute...as always! I'm thinking I need to ask for a sewing machine for Christmas :) I'm still working on the costumes for this week...I could use your help! haha! I hope they turn out! I'm trying not to show Alex how worried I am, haha!

Dee said...

Now, THIS is talent!

He & Me + 3 said...

Awesome job my friend. love it.

Myya said...

Man you are always so on top of it! Great job!

Unknown said...

You make it sound so easy! Lovely. I found your blog from totally talented tuesday, glad I did - you have lots of fun stuff! :)

Kathleen said...

Love how they turned out. Great project.

Jana said...

Absolutely adorable.

Iriemade said...

How adorable is this shirt and model? Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...