Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Simple Outdoor Pillow Slipcovers

My attempt to add a little fall flair to my front porch continues with some new pillow slipcovers to go onto THESE pillows that I made this summer.
I really didn't want to re-sew and re-stuff new pillows for fall, so instead of new pillows I made some simple pillow slipcovers.
To make the slipcovers, I cut one piece of material just a little bigger than my pillow to account for the seams. Then I cut another piece of material with about 4 inches of extra length on one end to make a flap. I sewed the two pieces of material {right sides together} on three sides leaving the end with the flap open. It ended up looking kind of like a pillow case with a longer flap on one side. 
I turned the slipcover right side out and stuffed the old pillows into it. The picture above shows the flap that is at the top of the slipcover.
After the pillow was completely stuffed into the slipcover, I simply tucked the flap into the back.
Now I have new fall plaid pillows that took very little time or effort to make! My favorite part about these slipcovers is that now I can have new pillows for every different holiday and season without having to spend hours sewing and stuffing!
Pin It!

14 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

Love that fabric!

KTW said...

I did the same thing for some really fluffy bed pillows that I used on the front porch swing a few years ago. :) Made it so easy to change-up the whole look and feel of the porch very inexpensively. Love the fabric you chose!

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

what a fun idea!! The fabric is perfect for fall!

Kmama said...

Very cute. The fabric is great.

He & Me + 3 said...

I adore the fabric you chose and i love this idea. CUTE. I am all about not sewing too much. My mom does that for me. ;)

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

I LOVE pillow covers, and those are the cutest!!!

GirlSunday said...

Very clever! I love the simplicity of it. Thanks so much for sharing!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Clever girl! :) I really do love that fabric. See, you didn't over-think your sewing project! ;) Great job!! I'm hosting a Willow House Giveaway today--hope you might stop by to enter. :)

CM said...

What a nice splash of color! Same fabric from flags? Way cute!

Stephanie said...

Loving that fabric!!!! Good job!

Kelli said...

Those are just great and very fitting for the season. I love a festive porch.

Dee said...

I think it looks great!!

Angie said...

Great idea...and they look so festive and fallish!!

More Than Words said...

Wow! Those look so great, and perfect for Fall!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...