Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Two Tulle Fall Wreaths

Summer is officially over, which means it is time to take down my fun summer plaid wreaths and put up something with a little bit of fall flair!
I decided to try using tulle on my fall wreaths...I was looking  for something different and I found some great fall colored tulles to use. Plus this stuff is only a little over $1 a yard!
I started with 2 wreath forms and 4 yards of 4 different colors of tulle: orange, green, yellow, and brown.
 I unrolled my tulle and cut each color into four long strips of material. Then I gather all four colors into a really long bundle. I was going to do a step by step tutorial, but I didn't think pictures of me tangled up in 16 yards of tulle would be very helpful:)
 For the first wreath, I cut the bundle of tulle into 12 inch pieces. I wrapped the cut pieces around the wreath form and then tied them into a knot on the back of the wreath.
 For the second wreath, I kept the bundle of the four colors of tulle long and simply wrapped them around the wreath form. To add a little interest to this wreath, I added a little bit of orange felt that I then covered with some of the brown tulle that I tied in knots facing the front of the wreath.
 For now, I have both wreaths on my front doors. Kind of different since I usually make two of the exact same wreaths for my front doors. I think they are fun and quirky, though my OCD may get the best of me and I may have to move them to other doors and put something else on the two front doors!
 For now, I am just excited that my front porch is finally looking more like fall and less like summer....even if the weather isn't cooperating!
Pin It!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are super cute, love them. I'm actually going to attempt making one this weekend, buying the materials! My OCD would make me move them as well since they don't match lol

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

Those look great! Makes me want to get some tulle and make my own!!
I imagine I would be tangled in tulle too :)

Unknown said...

oh dear! This is SO FABULOUSLY cute! I love the tulle in the fall colors! Going to have make one TODAY! Now, where to put the wreath i have hanging on there right now?

Ambrosia said...

Oh I love these! I love all the different wreath ideas I've seen this season, but these may be my favorite!

Myya said...

I was wondering what you would be doing with toole with 3 little boys. I totally should have known a craft was coming :) Those are super cute!! Gorgeous front doors by the way!

Annie said...

these are fabulous!! i love the first one!! i think i'll have to make one for next year, i'm not a fan of the one i have right now. thanks for the fun idea!!

Emily said...

I kind of wish the weather would start cooperating! I have some cute fall clothes I would love to wear!!! Those are adorable! I wonder how it would look with gold and silver tule in Dec?

Kelli said...

Those are so pretty...the colors are stunning! I had to laugh at the OCD comment because I get that completely.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Pretty!!! Love the tulle. :) I totally *get* your OCD moment. :)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

I really like those. The colors are awesome!!I shared it on my TT&J FB page and linked to your fab blog :)

xox
Jen

Kmama said...

Those are so cute. I really like the one you tied.

Miller Racing Family said...

What a great idea. I love the wreath with the tulle all the way around. Those colors make it look like a great fall sunrise. Thanks for sharing a fabulous idea.
I hope you had a great day!

He & Me + 3 said...

Very pretty. I love your doors too. So awesome.

Laura said...

These are awesome. So pretty!

Stephanie said...

Those are great! I am loving your front doors!!! Love the french door style.

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

I love tulle. Must be my inner ballerina. These are beautiful! Hmmm need some felt at JoAnn's so...

{Kimber} said...

I love this!!!!!!! although I don't really "get" how you did it...me? I am zero crafty as you know!!

Amy @ Chicy-Creations said...

Love them both, especially the one pictured on the left door. Such a fun idea.

marissa with hadley lane said...

Those wreaths are gorgeous! Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...