Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Pen and Pencil Caddy: Kids Recycling Project

In celebration of Earth Day tomorrow, Henry had to make a recycling project for school. We thought of a bunch of ideas from a soda bottle bird feeder to a fold up race track made from a big box, but in the end we made a cute Pen and Pencil caddy out of an old cereal box and some toilet paper tubes.
 We started by cutting the bottom of the cereal box off just a little bit shorter than the toilet paper tubes. Then Henry got busy measuring, cutting, and then gluing decorative paper to the box and 5 toilet paper tubes.
 I used an X-acto knife to straighten up the top edge of the box.
 When all of the toilet paper tubes were covered, we placed them inside the box.
 I printed out a Pens & Pencils label for the front just to make sure his teacher knew what he had made:)
 And that is how you make a really cute, easy, and RECYCLED Pen and Pencil Caddy!
Have you recycled anything today?
{For more fun Earth Day ideas, check out this fun post from last year when we made upcycled sand toys!}
What kind of fun treats are you making for your kiddos this summer?
Visit thecsiproject.com
Pin It!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have made something similar and fill them up with all sorts of crafty things including glue, scissors etc. He did a great job!

Kmama said...

What a great idea. Henry did a great job!

Carrie said...

Oh so cute! My kids are much better with recycling and reusing than I am! They would love this! Great idea!

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

This is great! I'm a huge fan of recycling and this is a simple project I can do with the kids! I think this will be our project today :)
Thanks for the inspiration!

Carole Morris said...

We're working on Earth Day projects at my house too!! This is a great idea and I may need to add it to my Earth Day arsenal!! LOL! Thanks!

Joanna said...

Very cute! I want one!! Not only for the kids but also for my makeup brushes. :-)

Clifford Jeffery said...

That is so cute! You are so creative! Thanks for sharing.

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

Very cute! What a fun idea!

Amy @ Positively Splendid said...

Kelli, what a fun idea! It looks like you're getting some good out of those Elmer's goodies! YAY!

Bridget said...

So cute! I love this idea!

Angie said...

Neat-O! I love it!

Paula@SweetPea said...

What a great idea! My friend had to do a project for Earth Day last year with her daughter and they made jewelry out of newspaper. I'll bet that there will be some neat things on display in your son's classroom.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

That's a really great idea! Thanks so much for the fun recycled project, I'll be linking.

lauren@warmandfuzzy said...

Very cute! My Eli had to make a recycle project this week, we make a water cyclone out of two "recycled" soda bottles.

lauren
www.warmfuzzypurpleandgold.blogspot.com

Katie @ OhhBaby said...

I love this! I have seen it done with soda cans that are cut off too!

ADMIN said...

I saved this in my bookmark. Great stuff super mom! Reminds me of other kids that recycle. What's more is that they're all preschoolers! http://youtu.be/opQJhKd6tIQ

Ninočka said...

Great, marvelous indeed.

Melissa said...

LOVE THIS IDEA!!!! I'm going to collect all the necessary items this week (because we go through a lot of toilet paper around here, lol) and make this project this weekend :D

my friend Mary linked up to you, that's how I found your page


http://mommato2kids.blogspot.com

Kasia said...

Great idea and great job! Thank u for sharing

Jill said...

I love how cute and easy this is!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...