Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Babywearing

Recently I have seen a ton of mommy-blogs praising Babywearing and talking about how much they love their slings, so I decided to give Babywearing a try too!

I didn't want to go out and spend a lot of money on a sling {these things can be SUPER expensive}, because I still am not sure how much I will use it. I figured, instead of buying one, I would just make one!

I did a search for free baby sling patterns, and found a pretty easy one at Maya Wrap. They have a pattern with instructions for how to make and use a ring sling. So I printed out the directions and got started. While doing our Black Friday shopping, I picked up some really cute blue, green, and white striped fabric for around $2.00 a yard that would make a SUPER cute sling for Eli. I did a little research on what kind of rings to buy to make a ring sling, and actually ended up buying the rings from the Farm and Feed store in our little town for ninety nine cents each!! The ring sling really wasn't very hard to make: a little cutting, a few hemmed edges {a broken sewing machine needle} and then attaching the rings {SUPER secure for my BIG man}. I think it took a total of maybe 3 hours from start to finish, and it turned out SUPER cute!
*
*
*
My first attempt at Babywearing!
*
*
*
Eli seemed to be pretty happy in the sling, even though I am still getting used to wearing it. I am still not very good at getting him in and getting the sling adjusted just right. I hope I learn quickly, because Eli is getting SUPER heavy and it is really hard to carry him around in his car seat {My left wrist has seriously been hurting lately and I think it is from carrying him around} ! Any advice or suggestions on using my new ring sling would be SUPER!
Pin It!

4 comments:

Tina said...

Oh good luck! I never "wore" any of my babies after they outgrew the front snuggly carrier...though with my clingy third, it sure would have come in handy! I hope you're able to get it adjusted and comfortable soon.

Ang said...

How creative! I would love to make my own! Im just not too sure I could do it!

godfrey said...

Eli is adorable. I love big healthy babies! Henry and Grant are looking like big boys. They are all cute kids. Your blog is too cute. As for the sling thing, I have a friend that started a business (Sling Me) up here making and selling them. She has made a killing. I have one, but Owen was already too large by the time I got it. I am anxious to try it out with Meg. Keep us posted on how is works with Eli!

ShadowKazuni said...

I can't believe you made your own! You are so crafty. I love it...Eli looks thrilled! ;0) I agree with Godfrey, you should start selling these.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...