Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Cupcake Waffles

I've had a cake mix in my pantry calling my name for weeks now! I had planned to make this fun creation weeks ago...you know when I was on my waffle kick...but I got distracted by kids, crafts, trips, and the 4th of July. The last few times I've opened my pantry all I could think about was that darn box of cake mix! So I finally got around to making my fun treat yesterday, and let me tell you it was totally worth the wait! So instead of keeping you in suspense any longer, I will tell you how you can make this yummy treat I call Cupcake Waffles:)
 Drool worthy right?!? The beauty is that they are really {no I mean REALLY} easy to make!
**************
Start with your favorite box of cake mix. I chose Funfetti cake mix simply because I thought the kiddos would like that best...what kid doesn't love sprinkles in their cake:) Make your cake mix according to the directions on the package.
 Warm up your waffle iron, spray it with non stick cooking spray, and them put your cake batter on the waffle iron. I used my trusty Pampered Chef scoop {the large size} that I normally use for cupcakes and I put three {plus just a little more} scoops.
 Cook your cupcake waffles on medium heat. You want them to cook through without getting too crispy on the outside. We are going for the texture of a cupcake but in the shape of a waffle:)
 Remove the waffle from your waffle iron and separate it into sections. Let it cool slightly.
 Put two sections of waffle on a plate and put a {smallish} scoop of ice cream on one of the sections...
 ...sandwich the two waffle pieces together...
 ...then top your cupcake waffle creation off with the icing of your choice. Again I chose Funfetti icing just because sprinkles makes everything more fun:)
And that is how you can have yummy {ice cream filled} cupcake waffles without ever turning on your oven!
Pin It!

40 comments:

~Shari said...

Oh My Gosh! You are a genius! Really! You have the best ideas and tricks. I have never been so glad that I became a fan of your blog!

You can bet I will be making these!!!

laxsupermom said...

Yum! What a fantastic treat! Love that you don't have to turn on your oven to make them. Thanks for sharing.

Kmama said...

Yum! I was thinking that your future daughters-in-law are going to really dislike you, unless they happen to be as crafty as you. You set the bar high!

Kelli said...

Drool is right!!!! I love Funfetti cake mix and waffles. This makes me want to pull out my waffle iron...yum.

Kelli said...

I second Shari's comment too :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness these look fantastic! Kids are going to love these, I am so getting my waffle iron soon!

Sunla Designs said...

Oh Yum! We just got a really nice waffle iron from a hotel that closed. I will definitely be making these real soon!

Jill said...

OMG YUM!! I'm a sweet-a-holic with no kids and I do believe this is what my husband should make for me on my birthday this year. :) What a great idea! Also, funfetti is the best. That is all.

amanda said...

ummm funfetti. is my favorite favorite favorite. and i love waffles. and now i must find a waffle iron!! those look so yummy!!!

Amanda said...

Fantastic! I LOVE making baked goods in the waffle maker, especially during the summer!

Angie said...

yum! i'm feeling a bit left out w/out a wafflemaker. i must get one soon!

Joanna said...

What a great idea! So much faster than cupcakes in the oven. I will have to get a waffle iron now. :) Been wanting a new one for a while anyways.

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

These look like fun. I bet you could freeze the "extra" waffles and then pull them out and heat when you want a single serving treat.

Jocelyn said...

Holy Cow! I seriously need to remember to buy a waffle iron...so many ideas running through my head right now:-) Thank you so much for reminding me...I LOVE this idea!!!

Connie the crafterbug said...

Oh man! I would be looking forward to these for weeks too!
Connie

btanders said...

Yummy! It's fun to find new uses for some common household appliances. Thanks for sharing!

More Than Words said...

I would have never known you could put cake batter in a waffle iron!! Now I need to buy one! LOL

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

you seriously have to stop giving me so many reasons to go out and buy a waffle iron!! (my budget and my waist line do not appreciate it!!)

Anonymous said...

Look delicious! Do you know if there is anyway that I can do this gluten and dairy-free?

Jamie said...

That is genius! Thanks for sharing

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Oh, those could be my undoing!!!!

Dee said...

YUMMY! We make these...but usually pancakes!

Erin said...

How fun is this?!?! We're so going to do this!!!

Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said...

These look delicious and I don't even LIKE waffles!! :)

Amanda said...

Love it! I was getting a tiny bit fed up with cinnamon waffles, now I can try these! Thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

Hopping over from Not Just a Housewife...

Umm these look amazing! Yummy!

Heidi Boos said...

You continue to prove that you can make anything in a waffle iron!! And who doesn't LOVE funfetti cake/frosting! Didn't realize that you used ice cream in the middle until you said it at the end. Yum!!

Unknown said...

Nooo way! I love this idea. This is so clever and looks delicious!

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

How stinkin' clever! Did they taste just the same?

Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy said...

What a great idea! I would love it if you would link this up to my Cupcake-a-Palooza link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/07/cupcake-palooza-2011.html
See you soon!
~Macy

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

What a cute idea! My kids would love those!

Chad and Mary Beth @ Nothing But Country said...

cupcake waffles. That is awesome.

Would love to invite you to link your creative project up on our link party @ NothingButCountry.com We feature new blogs every Tuesday and start a new party. Hope you will join us!!

--Mary Beth
NothingButCountry.com

Small Fry and Co. said...

You are a genious with waffles.

Coolestpartyideas said...

WOW!! thank you very much for Sharing. It looks wonderful and easy to make!

milliemorganmedia said...

What a brilliant idea! I cannot wait to try it sometime. They look yummy too-- Thanks for sharing. I am a new follower. I would appreciate it if you followed me back at http://milliemorganmedia.blogspot.com!

Jennifer said...

These look to die for! What a fantastic idea. I would love to do this for my girls' birthdays. I would love it if you would link it up to my party this week!

http://daysofchalkandchocolate.blogspot.com/2011/12/latest-and-greatest-friday-12-features.html

Katie {Sweet Rose Studio} said...

These look absolutely amazing! This is definitely on my must-try reipe list. Thanks for sharing at Tatertots & Jello!

Anonymous said...

These look awesome and sound amazing! Thank you for sharing!

Amanda
everycreativeendeavor.com

SugarMama88 said...

Looks sooo yummy!! Im trying yellow cake mix with pecans & chocolate chips topped off with frozen yogurt, drizzled with caramel!! Yummmy!!

SugarMama88 said...

These look sooo amazing!! Im def. trying them!! For now I will use what I have yellow cake mix with choc. chips & pecans toped with a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt drizzled in caramel topping and more nuts!!! Hope mine turn out as fabulous as yours!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...