Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Friday, July 1, 2011

Inside Out S'mores

Nothing says summer is here better to me than a warm, melty, gooey, chocolaty s'more! One of the best things about a s'more is that there are a ton of different ways to make them!

See, I told you! A ton of different ways to make them!
But an inside out s'mores is one thing I haven't seen...at least not the way I made them anyway:)
*******
To make Inside Out S'mores, you start with a JUMBO sized marshmallow {I picked these up at our local grocery store, but I have seen them at both Target and Walmart this summer so they should be pretty easy to find.}, mini teddy grahams, and some milk chocolate chips.
Using a very sharp knife, cut a slit into the top of the marshmallow being careful not to cut all the way through to the bottom. I was surprised at how easy it was to cut through the marshmallow even though it did get the knife pretty sticky. You can clean your knife in warm water after each marshmallow to make cutting them easier.
Stuff your marshmallow full of chocolate chips and broken up pieces of mini teddy grahams. Any kind of graham cracker will work and you could even try graham cracker crumbs, the mini teddy graham were just the perfect size for stuffing my jumbo sized marshmallows.
Another variation I tried was Nutella and broken pretzel pieces....YUM! It would also be really yummy to stuff small pieces of Snickers or Reece's cups inside your marshmallows too, but those aren't technically s'mores so we'll save them for another post:)
After you stuff your marshmallow, seal it up by squishing the cut edges together. Then put your marshmallow onto a roasting stick in the opposite direction that you cut your marshmallow.
Roast your marshmallow over a campfire or your gas kitchen burner until it is warm, melty, and gooey!
You can eat your Inside Out S'more right off of the roasting stick or eat it with your hands {and get your fingers good and sticky}! Either way the yummy melted filling makes these s'more a ton of fun and impossible to resist eating at least three:)

What is your favorite way to eat a s'more?
Pin It!

35 comments:

laxsupermom said...

Love this idea! We'll have to make some the next time we have a fire going. Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer said...

I love this idea! Can't wait to give it a try at our next campfire (as soon as it cools off enough to have one!).
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

What an awesome idea! Yummy. I like s'mores anyway! Have a wonderful 4th weekend!

Amber said...

Yum! A sweet surprise inside. Very creative!!

Kmama said...

Oh my gosh. I'm so hungry and that looks fabulous! I might have to buy some of the ingredients this weekend!!

Unknown said...

How yummy looking!!! I may have to try these!!!

Joanna said...

I love eating s'mores any way that I can have them...never heard of this one before though but we'll be trying it out!

Kelli said...

That is super creative!!! I adore S'mores and just eat them the old fashion way.

Anonymous said...

holy yumminess Batman!!!

Erin said...

Oh my heck! YUM! I love s'more anything! Heck, you could make "S'more stomped on by giant boot" and I'd probably eat it! Delish!!!

Kelly said...

Yum!! I can't wait to try these with the kids!! Thanks for the idea :)

Ashley said...

You are a genius! This seems to be much less of a mess!

Ashley
www.Thethriftywife.com

Linds said...

oh. my. word. these look TO DIE FOR.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

YUM! I love this idea!

Unknown said...

oh my!!! I will be trying this tomorrow!

Christine said...

I am making this tomorrow night. Thanks for the idea!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

My kids would love those!

Bethanie said...

this looks SOOOO good, can't wait to try.

Following you back.

http://thischicasguideto.blogspot.com/

Jolene said...

I'm definitely going to try this! Thanks!

HaleyLeann said...

Have mercy. So simple...yet so wonderful. Visiting from Tip Junkie

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

What a fun idea, I've never seen this before and can't wait to try it! I'll be linking as well.

Kate @ The Gaines Gang said...

This, this is not good for me!

Sounds delish!

{northern cottage} said...

mmm mmmm mmmm mmm mm mm mmmm! I wonder how I could make this work without my gas stove (boo hoo I miss a gas stove!) micro doesn't quite cut it...I'm hankering for a camp out now!

Michelle L. said...

Seriously, this is GENIUS!!! Can't wait to try, thanks for the fun idea!

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

YUMMY! I love this idea. I'm linking it to my Facebook page. :)

Mary Grace McNamara said...

my mouth is watering just reading this post! I think that will be on my 'must try this summer' list! YUM!

MGM

Jenn Erickson said...

Oh, those are too, too cool! With all the s'more inspired stuff out there in the blogosphere, I'm always really impressed when someone comes up with a new and totally original idea like this!

Aimee @ SmallAnchors.com said...

ARE YOU SERIOUS???? that is AMAZING... i am making these tonight! oh my, oh my - my glands are salivating! thank you.. wow!!

Angie - Big Bears Wife said...

Yes!! These look great!

Lorraine said...

I've been looking for a good reason to buy those jumbo marshmallows! Thanks for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

OMG!! That is what I need right now. A S'Mores fix. It sure would make it easier for small hands. Thanks for the recipe!

Unknown said...

OMG!! That is what I need right now. A S'Mores fix. It sure would make it easier for small hands. Thanks for the recipe!

Anonymous said...

O M G! You are my hero! I have a KILLER smore recipe that I thought no one could touch... I may stand corrected....!

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

What a FUN idea! I just found your blog & am having fun reading back through it. I shared this super idea on my Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Living-Life-Intentionally/261252997248957
Beth =-)

Tami said...

Just stopping by to let you know that I've featured your craft on Family Fun Crafts! You can see it here:
http://funfamilycrafts.com/inside-out-smores/


If you have other kid friendly crafts, I'd love it if you would submit them. :) If you would like to display a
featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...