Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Friday, September 11, 2009

What's For Dinner?

BURRITOS!

We LOVE Mexican food at our house....tacos, burritos, enchiladas, nachos....my boys will eat any and all of it!
I made burritos for dinner earlier this week and changed up a few things from our normal recipe to make them SUPER yummy.
I started with 3/4 lbs of 93% lean ground beef, and I added one taco seasoning package, one can of fat free refried beans, and one can of black beans {I almost added in a can of corn too...but I didn't want to change too much too fast}. I stirred it all together with a little water and let it cook for about 20 minutes. Then all you have to do is warm up your tortillas and add whatever toppings you like!
YUMMY!

BURRITOS!
Pin It!

12 comments:

Carrie said...

Definitley YUM! I love Mexican too...probably my favorite...and Italian! Okay...I like lots of food! Now I'm really hungry!

Unknown said...

YUMO! Look at you making your own tortillas!

amanda said...

mexican is a fav here too!!

Kelli said...

Oh Kelli, we need to live closer. We could have a Mexican feast...and then do a little crafting. This looks very yummy. My new favorite thing is black beans. I meant to add them to my taco ring yesterday and forgot.

More Than Words said...

Oh yah!! We love tacos and burritos too. I make it the same way you do! Leftovers are just as good!!

Foursons said...

3/4 of a lb. of meat would feed only 1 person in my house. *sigh*

lsnellings said...

That sounds delish! We love Mexican food in our house too! Although I would be in the same boat as Foursons! My husband eats like he is 4 sons! LOL!

Kelli W said...

Hey Lisa, I SO did not make my own tortillas...they came straight out of the fridge and into the pan to be warmed!

He & Me + 3 said...

We had tacos last night and the kids always finish their plates on taco night. YUM! your burritos look awesome. Love all the fixings:)

Kerri said...

You should for sure add the corn! It makes it so yummy and go alot farther! : )

christy rose said...

You have just made me hungry. Thanks! Its 11:30 pm here. That is all I need right now! :)

Jennifer W. said...

Yum. We do Mexican here too, but it's usually quesadillas. We've recently added nachos to the menu-the kids LOVE that. I love that it's all the same ingredients (basically) just served differently and you can cook a little extra and make two different meals out of it!
Jen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...