Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Best Lemonade Ever!

**Eli decided to share his germs from last week with me, so I am feeling a little nauseous and vomity under the weather. That means y'all are getting a repost from last summer:) Enjoy!**
****************
When life gives you lemons....
...or when you buy a bag of lemons at the produce stand...
Make Lemonade
We made The Best Lemonade Ever!
Really, that is what the recipe is called, and it was SUPER good!
Ingredients
1 3/4 cups white sugar
8 cups water
1 1/2 cups lemon juice
Directions
1.In a small saucepan, combine sugar and 1 cup water. Bring to boil and stir to dissolve sugar. Allow to cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until chilled.
2.Remove seeds from lemon juice, but leave pulp. In pitcher, stir together chilled syrup, lemon juice and remaining 7 cups water.
I made the water/sugar mixture and chilled it in the fridge.
Then the boys helped me squeeze the lemons. We used a collander over a bowl to catch all the seeds and pulp.
We added our fresh squeezed lemon juice to the water/sugar mixure and then everyone got a turn to stir the lemonade....
...even Eli!
Pour your yummy lemonade over ice and enjoy!
Pin It!

17 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Hope you are feeling better soon, Kelli!!!

Erin said...

my little one has been begging to make lemonade ever since she saw some cartoon characters on her favorite cartoon making it! we are going to make this next week!
ERIN
http://eatingmywayback.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!!

Kelli said...

I just posted how I want to make this this summer. Yummy. I hope you feel better very soon.

Kelli said...

Oh and I have told you how excited I am about the pop up window?

Catherine Anne said...

Love it here. We will have to try this. My kids would love it.

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!

And that lemonade looks delicious!

Kmama said...

Feel better soon! No far that Eli shared his icky germs!

Angie said...

Mmmmm. We love lemonade & really love to freeze it into popsicles!!

Darcie said...

Catching up on blogs, but not happy to come over here and read that you aren't feeling well. :-( Not fun at all, especially when you have all your boys at home needing momma! Hope you are feeling better soon, my friend!

Polka said...

Hi :)
My first time on your blog
love it :)

mmm lemonade :) It is 100 degrees in New York City today so a cold lemonade sounds awesome

best
polka

psss I am now a follower ;)

He & Me + 3 said...

I love going to the fairs just to get a good glass of lemonade :) YUM

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

ugh...feel better!!

Unknown said...

now I'm feeling so thirsty for a lemonade
KAT

Rachel said...

Now I am completely craving fresh lemonade!

Hope you are feeling much better soon!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I hope you're feeling better! I tried that recipe after you posted it the last time, and it was really good!

Emelie said...

ooooooooooooo! That sounds perfct for today! Now I just need to go get some lemons!!

Thanks! Em @ athriftyfind.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...