Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Monday, June 6, 2011

Summer Door Decor

After taking down my Easter decorations, my front doors were screaming for a fun summer makeover. It took me more than a month to decide what I wanted to do, but when I found some really fun yellow and white chevron fabric on sale a few weeks ago, I knew it was perfect for some sort of summer door decor. I paired the yellow chevron fabric with some fun red and white polka dot ribbon and some turquoise lettering and ended up with two bright and summery front door canvases.

I bought two canvases at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago....they were $5.99 for 2 and then 40% off.
I started by wrapping the canvases with the chevron fabric and attaching the fabric to the back of the canvases with my staple gun. Then I added the polka dot ribbon with a little hot glue. The last step was to add a great summer quote to the front of the canvas...and that is where my new Silhouette comes in:)
This was my very first project using my Silhouette, and I have to say it is SO much better than my Cricut. Seriously check out that cute font that I used for the quote!
I already had some turquoise on my front porch in the form of my placemat pillows, so I decided to add in a little bit of red and yellow to make everything match:) I'm loving all the fun bright summer colors and they are even taking over my back patio too...but that is a post for another day!
What kind of fun summer things are you decorating with this year?
Visit thecsiproject.com
Pin It!

23 comments:

Jennifer said...

Really cute idea. I love my silhouette too :)

Amy Coates@ SweetExpectations8 or TheClassroomPet.blogspot.com said...

Where do you get your material for the cricut? I am guessing you used sticky vinyl - where do you purchase yours?

Miller Racing Family said...

Love the sayings, they are so cute. We usually do a lot of red, white and blue during the summer.
Have a fabulous day!

He & Me + 3 said...

Super cute. Wow that is great font. Loving the silhouette. Where did you get it? I have never heard of it.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Oh, I am so excited that you got a Silhouette!! Hurray for you. :) Love your new front door look. Great quote!

amanda said...

adorable. i have not heard of the silhouette. and maybe i should pretend i didn't? i love your fun ideas!! i shared your blog with a crafty friend. who i think that if you all ever met in real life would love each other and your crafty bad selves. :)

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

I love the color combo!!
I have considered a Silhouette...since Christmas :)

Anonymous said...

Cute idea. I need to decorate. We are in the process of doing the landscaping out front so that has been a lot of fun

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

Such happy colors! Very cute. I'm so jealous of your Silhouette.

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

so cute and bright!! I love my silhouette :)

thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! :D

Unknown said...

I REALLY need to decorate my home better...I don't take the time like I should.I do need to organize better and I need a whole new front door (ours is warped) and I need to recover the porch swing cushions!
... Love you pillows of turquoise:)

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Oh those are adorable! I love the color combo . . . so bright and cheery!!!

Kelly @livingcraftilyeverafter said...

I love the color combo! So fun! I found you through Tip Junkie and I am your newest follower!

Kelly

PS- I am hosting a giveaway on my blog for free vintage inspired rolled flower clips and would love for you to come enter!

http://livingcraftilyeverafter.blogspot.com/2011/06/giveaway-my-so-cal-creations.html

La-Dee-da crafter said...

I love the quote and the colors are sooo summery and cheerful.Your outdoor sitting is also FAB!!!
ladeedacreations.com
following you now.

Pam said...

What a cute idea!! I am so in love with yellow chevron right now, your outdoor area is adorable!!

CM said...

The door decor is so unique and adorable!

Ha! I've been reading your blog long enough to remember you decorating cute pillows for those chairs last summer! Love the pattern you picked! :-)

Unknown said...

Cute project! Hi! Following you from the Wednesday hop! Hope you'll come visit me and follow me back at:

http://healthykidshappykids.blogspot.com

Have a great day!

Moquelish said...

So cute! I love the way those look.

carissa said...

It looks perfect with the pillows. What a beautiful porch! I love the chevron fabric. What's your favorite place to buy fabrics?

Having Faith said...

Just curious (I'm a scrapbooker and maybe I need a new toy.) Why do you like the Silhouette over the Cricut?

~Tara

aggieam01 said...

I really, really love this. Super summer colors and it really pops against your doors!

Emelie said...

So pretty! I love those colors!!
I'm coveting a silhouette, well have been for the last year or so. And entering every contest I find :) LOL
Em @
athriftyfind.blogspot.com

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

What a creative and welcoming idea!! I love the colors you chose -- and I also like the simplicity -- not fussy but so eye-catching! Beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...