Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Monday, November 28, 2011

Miscellany Monday

I have a ton of pictures in my November folder that I haven't shared, so I decided to join in with Carissa this week to share them....even though they probably aren't really blog-worthy!
Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters
A.
Maybe it's kind of mean, but I think this picture of Eli is kind of hilarious! He was playing under our breakfast room table and somehow got himself stuck under one of the chairs. It's hard to tell from this picture, but his tiny little hiney is stuck under the cross bar of the chair:)

B.
I tried to get crafty earlier this month with the leaves that Eli and I gathered on our walk. It was a major craft fail! I didn't lay the leaves flat to dry out so they were kind of wrinkly and wouldn't stick to the candle well....even though I sprayed them with a generous coat of spray adhesive. My Mod Podge was almost empty and I had to scrap the bottom of the jar, and I really didn't get a full coat on them. They are currently sitting in my china cabinet and I have a feeling they are probably going in the trash can soon!
C.
I only took two pictures of the boys at their Thanksgiving lunch and they are pretty bad.
           Henry the Indian                      &                   Grant the Pilgrim

D. 
We had an end of the season football party for Grant's pee wee team a few Saturdays ago. I made some fun football jersey sugar cookies for the boys with their jerseys numbers on them. They were gobbled up before I could get a decent picture of them, here's a shot of Grant holding his...with a bite or two taken out of the bottom.
E.
I was craving a banana split last week when Jason was working late and I was home alone with three sleeping kiddos, but we didn't have any ice cream or chocolate syrup. So I made the next best thing: a Faux Banana Split with Nutella Drizzle:) I cut up a banana, added a big scoop of Lite Cool Whip, tossed on some peanuts, and drizzled a little bit of warmed Nutella over the top...YUM!
What kind of randomness have you been up to lately?
Pin It!

15 comments:

Jenilee said...

ok - wow. that last picture of the dessert looks soooo yummy!!!

Kmama said...

It's nice to know that you have craft failures as well!!

The faux banana split sounds awesome!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I love a girl who is resourceful! ;) That banana split looks yummy. :)

Angie said...

I love seeing pictures of your boys! They are so cute!!

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

I love a good picture of the kids (in an awkward spot) :) - they will make for great blackmail one day!!

Darcie said...

Sometimes it's just a mother thing, we tend to get the giggles when our kids get themselves in a hard spot. ;-)

As for the craft fail, can I just say it shows that you are human, though even to me it looks cute! I am sure you don't have to many craft fail days. :-)

Kelli said...

Of course these are blog worthy. It's fun to see what all you have going on right now. I'm sorry but I had to laugh at Eli being stuck too...that's something my Caleb would do. I love those cookies that you made...you have such talent! Hope you had a wonderful holiday :)

Memoirs of Me & Mine said...

Oh you ended with a yummy!

www.rebeccabany.com

carissa said...

whoa! that recipe is awesome. so easy and light and tasty. might have to pin that. : )

lol - yes the stuck under the chair picture is so funny. his face says it all.

Anonymous said...

Yum...I have everything to make that faux banana split. The pictures aren't bad Kelli, I enjoyed them!

Carrie said...

I know better than to read your posts at night, because you always have something yummy and I start getting hungry! Well, it would happen no matter what time of day, I guess :-)

poor Eli, haha! Elizabeth keeps hitting her head under the table because she is just the right height when she stands up that her head just touches the bottom of the table ;-)

I love the pics you got of the boys at school, they are so cute!

{and I love Eli's shirt from thanksgiving! i am way behind on catching up on blogs!}

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Cute pictures! Your boys are adorable, and I love your version of a banana split!

He & Me + 3 said...

I love your little pilgrim & native American. So cute.

Dee said...

OMG...now I want a banana split....

Foursons said...

Eli's expression while stuck under the chair is hilarious. I can almost hear him thinking, "Mom this is NOT the time to be taking pictures!"

I love this random post, I need to do one myself.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...