Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Friday, August 19, 2011

Disney Crafts: Mickey Toes

I'm going to preface this post by saying that I'm really not a big fan of feet...they kind of gross me out! So sharing a picture of my feet on my blog is kind of a big deal, but this was such a fun thing to do for Disney that I decided to share it with you:)
**************
To start your Mickey Toes, you need a base coat of bright red.
Then you need to gather your supplies: black nail polish, contact paper, and a hole punch or two.
 Using your hole punch, punch three circles in the shape of a Mickey Mouse head into your contact paper. I ended up using a standard hole punch for the head and a smaller punch for the ears. You can make it work with the standard punch too it will just take some practice. {The top one is done using only the standard hole punch and the two bottom ones I used the smaller punch for the ears.}
 After you've got the perfect Mickey, peel off the back of the contact paper and stick it on your big toe. You can face the Mickey head towards you or away, but I figured I would be looking at it more so I faced it so I could see it:) Press down all around the shape to make sure it is sealed good and no polish will run under the edge.
 Paint a coat of black polish over the cut out Mickey and allow it to dry. You can do more than one coat, but with black you really only need one coat to cover really well.
 Now your toes are ready to head to Disney and visit Mickey Mouse:)

Pin It!

27 comments:

Richella Parham said...

Okay, Kelli, I think this qualifies you for a "Coolest Mom Ever" award. I'm in awe of your creativity. :)

~Shari said...

hehehe I love this!

I have totally enjoyed all of your Disney posts! I am certainly going to try this. I may just link you up to my post when I do it! Great ideas!

and - bravo for posting your feet for all of blogland to see!

Joanna said...

Oh my goodness...I love this! I am going to do this for sure!

Jaymerz said...

I love this, so cute, clever, and so easy!! Have fun in Disney!!

Kelli said...

Kelli...I adore you! Those are the cutest Disney toes ever :) Agreed..."Coolest Mom Ever."

Foursons said...

I love your flip flop tan lines! :D

The Mickey toes are cute. I think you are "officially" ready.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Could you BE any cuter (said in best Chandler Bing voice)? Your feet look great!!! LOVE this idea!

CoastalCody said...

I have a Disney trip coming up and need a pedicure - perfect timing on your post! Thanks for this quick, easy and fun way to share the Disney magic!

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

Is it weird that I somehow feel more connected to you now that you blogged about painted toes??!!

Seriously, you're so fun! I really hope we can meet one day. We'd have a blast!!!

Kelly said...

You are so stinkin' creative! I wish I would have read this before we went. Love the idea!

Mandy said...

love this! will so have to remember and do this when we go to disney next month!!!

Amy said...

I am heading to Disney this weekend (I live locally and am a passholder) and I would love to try this......but I can't reach my toes over my enormous baby bump anymore! Guess I will need to wait until October :)

Unknown said...

Ah ! We have a cruise and WDW trip planned in dec. When I saw this post I immediately showed my mom. LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

How cool is that. I won't need any help for this fun idea:)

Ekta said...

Really nice series Kelli before you family Disney vacation. Enjoyed reading the tips, crafts post.

You guys have a ROCKING time.

tc
Ekta

We 2 Bees said...

Very cute Mickey Toes! I love them! We are hoping to go in the next 6 months and I'm LOVING all your ideas! Thanks for sharing them!

Emily said...

Looks like you are ready to walk the Magic Kingdom! So cute!

Paula@SweetPea said...

Adorable!! Have a wonderful trip!

My father-in-law was at Disney this summer and brought home a huge roll of Mickey stickers for me to use in my classroom. My students are going to love it!

Meghan said...

Very clever!

Amber said...

I am not big on feet either, but this is so cute! Your posts lately have me wanting to plan a Disney trip STAT, and we don't even have little ones yet :)

Cathy said...

Hi. Someone just told me about your blog and the Mickey toes. So, I just had to check you out. Nice to meet you.

We check into Disney's POP Century on Sunday and now I know how I need my toes painted. So cute.

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Oh my goodness! Those are the cutest feet ever! And I love the Mickeys :) Hope you're having so much fun!!!

erica said...

What a cute idea! I never thought of making my own nail stencils before I always try to freehand everything. Definitely going to do this for my next pedicure. I just found your blog and I am loving it! I am your newest follower.

xo

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

CUTE!! I'll have to remember this the next time I go to Disneyland!

Sassy Sites! said...

What a cute idea!! I LOVE it!! Thanks so much for linking up to Sassy Sites for our FFA party! Have a FABulous Friday!!

XOXO!!
Marni

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Great idea!

Chelsea Williams said...

OMGoodness!! Too cute!! I have a two yr old girl who who obsessed with Mickey Mouse clubhouse (she loves all of the characters including Toodles) We just got back from a trip from Florida yesterday and we are planning another trip for December. I am so glad I came across your post today. I will be painting fingers and toes for little one and I before our December trip, and I will make sure to bring polish and cutouts for touch ups while we are there!! Thanks for your great ideas!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...