Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Guest Post: Pumpkin Bread

Hey *Random Thoughts of a SUPERMOM* readers!!  I’m Joanna from This Southern Girls Nest

Kelli ask me to do a guest post while she’s away and I couldn’t wait to blog over here!  I love her blog!

You’ll normally find me blogging about my family {my hubby and 2 daughters} and what’s going on with us.  But I love to cook/bake so you’ll usually find at least one recipe a week.  I am also into crafting up a thing or two when I find the creativity.  Here lately that creativity has been hard to find!  Well..not too hard because of my newest addiction to Pinterest.  I’m constantly finding all sorts of things that I want to craft but for some reason I never make it to the store to buy any of the items needed. Hmph.  But I did manage to do one craft in the past couple of weeks…DIY Mercury Glass! 

However since my heart belongs in the kitchen I thought I’d share a recipe with y’all!  Since we had a taste of some Fall weather this week I thought I’d share a favorite recipe of mine…Pumpkin Bread/Muffins



What do you need?

  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 tsp cloves
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 1 cup butter
  • 3 eggs
  • 16oz can pumpkin puree {not the pumpkin pie blend}

What do you do?

  1. Combine the sugar…butter and eggs in a large bowl.  Cream them together.
  2. Add the pumpkin and mix until combined.
  3. Toss in your cinnamon and cloves.
  4. Add 1 cup of flour at a time letting the mixer combine one completely before adding the other.
  5. Add to your greased loaf pans {2} or to your muffin cups. Or both.  We always make one loaf and 12 muffins.
  6. Bake at 350 degrees.  Now if your doing the loaf you’ll bake it for an hour.  If your doing muffins..you’ll bake at 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

We didn’t do the glaze on these this time because the hubby and I are on a mission to lose some weight.  Gotta cut sugar where ya can! ;-)  But if you want the glaze you’ll top it with your favorite confectioners sugar glaze.  Too make it fancy add 1/2 to 1 tsp sugar to your glaze before pouring over the top! 

I hope y’all enjoy! 

I’d love for you to come on over to my blog and visit if you’d like! 
Pin It!

7 comments:

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

That looks delicious! And has me dreaming of fall days ahead :)

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

That's perfect with a pumpkin spice late! Come on fall!!

Anonymous said...

Yum! I am so excited for fall and cannot wait to make pumpkin recipes. Thsi sounds delish, thanks for sharing.

Kelli said...

Joanna always has such great recipes and here's another. I have to be sure to write this down because Rondell loves pumpkin anything.

Joanna said...

Thanks Kelli for having me over while your away! :-)

LisaMarie said...

OMG this looks so Yummy!! I love anything Pumpkin, it's my favorite thing about Autumn!! Very cute blog you have!! :)
http://thislittleshabbychicvegangirl.blogspot.com/

Gardening Galore said...

That looks so yummy! I am going to make that over the weekend. YUMMO!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...