Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Monday, August 1, 2011

The Long Saturday

Last week I told you all that we were trying to enjoy summer before it ends....well we did just that this weekend. After a few hours of working hard in the yard, we headed out for our last Saturday of fun before school starts.
 Our first stop was the beach. The boys played football and Frisbee and got a little too wet considering they weren't wearing their bathing suits:) The played in the sand and even got to check out a crab or two!
 Our next stop was Putt Putt. Always a hit with my golf loving boys. Eli was a trip....he would hit the ball, wait for it to stop, then pick it up and move it two inches from the hole. Needless to say he got a 2 on almost every hole:) Grant {the master golfer} even managed to get a hole in one!
 After a bite to eat, we headed out for a walk over a really big bridge.
 The boys posed for a few pictures, but mostly just ran and raced up the bridge...and then back down.
I got one pretty good shot of all three boys...
 ....then we watched the sun set.
We finished the night off with yummy milkshakes and three tired boys who fell asleep before we made it home:)
Pin It!

13 comments:

Joanna said...

What a fun weekend! We haven't been to the beach...all summer. We're bad beach town living folks! ;)

Putt Putt...something that I can never play all that well. I get messed all up with the humps and bumps they put in the way. I'm with Eli! He had the idea!

What a big bridge! It reminds me of our bridge to the beach. People walk over it all the time. I am terrified of heights so I couldn't be paid to walk/run or put my feet on that bridge.

Kelli said...

What a fun outing! That is a great picture of the boys and that sunset is amazing. What a great way to spend the last few days of summer.

Angie said...

What a perfect way to spend the day. I love the pic of your 3 little men. They are so adorable!

And the sunset pic is GREAT too!

Darcie said...

Looked like pretty close to perfect to me. Especially ending it with milkshakes...can't go wrong with milkshakes. ;-)

Carrie said...

All you had to do was mention milkshake and it's a perfect weekend! Ha! What great pictures...the sunset is beautiful and the boys are so cute! A great way to end the summer! Hope you're all ready for school! I seriously don't know how the summer goes so fast :-(

Bridget said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend! :)

He & Me + 3 said...

I would have to say that is the perfect way to end the summer. what fun! I can't believe it is already August. Time flies.

Foursons said...

That sounds like a great last Saturday before school starts. I just filled in all of our August activities and the school stuff is coming up way to fast. :(

Kmama said...

That sounds like an excellent way to spend the final days of summer!!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

It sounds like the perfect way to end summer vacation!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful weekend!! Love the photos.

Myya said...

Sounds like THE PERFECT weekend!!! The picture of Eli on his Daddy's shoulders is fantastic!

destiny said...

Hi! This looks like my kind of Saturday--a perfect way to end the summer! We live on the MS Gulf Coast and we love little beach outings! That looks a lot like our bridge. One of these day's I'm going to try to walk it!
I'm a fairly new reader of your blog and I really enjoy it! And, your back to school photos above are too sweet!
Destiny
(desperk@bellsouth.net)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...