Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Guest Post: Sausage Egg Casserole


Hi there, SUPERMOM readers! My name is Yanet and most days you can find me in Florida playing and/or decorating (but not cooking) with my 3 Sun Kissed Boys. Sure I feed my little ones. But let's just say that cooking is not one of my passions. So, why am I showing a recipe today?! Because I do love making meals that involve togetherness. The type of meals where you can gather up the kids to help while you chat along. Plus, it's a pretty fool-proof recipe that happens to be delicious!

Here are the ingredients and directions. 
My little assistants and I made this casserole while we were on vacation this summer. My family and my BFF's family rented a beach house for a week this summer. Here are the steps in pictures.

Brown, drain, and set sausage aside. 

In a large mixing bowl, tear up bread into bite size pieces.

In a separate bowl, combine eggs, mustard, salt, and half & half.

Pour over the bread, add sausage, cheese and mix well.

Pour mixture in a greased 9x13 baking dish, cover, and refrigerate overnight. 

In the morning, bake at 350 for 45 to 60 minutes or until top is golden brown.

I had visions of taking at least one really nice picture of the served dish with a glass of juice, some fruit and a pretty little vase with a flower but.... The kids ate it like they hadn't been fed in a year!

I mean, really, when you find a heart-shaped strawberry, it begs to be photographed and showcased in a blog somewhere, right?

I hope y'all enjoy, not only the casserole, but also the fellowship that comes with working together with family and friends.

Kelli, thank you so much for having me over today. Now lets gather up the boys and eat!
Pin It!

7 comments:

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

Thank you once again for having me, Kelli.

Hope yall are having a wonderful time and you don't back too exhausted.

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I love breakfast casseroles. Especially around the holidays when the house if full since they feed a lot! Yum!

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Now that looks delicious! I love breakfast, it's definitely my favorite meal ;) And I love the togetherness of working in the kitchen with the littles. So sweet.

Kelli said...

This is one of my favorite dishes and is always a hit wherever I take it. I love sitting down together and sharing a meal with loved ones. Thanks for sharing :)

Paula@SweetPea said...

This looks wonderful! We would like this as an evening meal, too!

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Oh, YUM! That looks so good, Yanet! It looks like the kids had a great time putting it all together, too.

Yes, when you find a giant heart shaped strawberry, it has to be on the blog!

Anonymous said...

This is so similar to the breakfast casserole I make for everyone on Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter day. Looks yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...