Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Eleven Days

According to Eli, in eleven days we will be on our way to Mickey Mouse's house. We are all excited for a fun vacation, and the boys are even more excited that we will be celebrating a birthday or two while we are there. I think counting down to anything makes it seem more fun and it keeps the "how many days until..." questions to a minimum.
{check out some of my other countdowns here, here, and here}
So here is this year's Countdown to Disney!
After almost two months with no birthdays, I am finally changing out our happy birthday sign and putting a little Disney in it's place:) Here are the supplies I used for our Countdown to Disney:
I started by adding squares of scrapbook paper inside of three small frames.
Then I used my Silhouette software to type up the numbers 1 through 11 and the words "days until Disney". I used a couple different fonts just to keep it fun:)
I used my Silhouette to cut the numbers and words out on black vinyl.
The words were added to the glass part of two of the frames using transfer paper.
{BTW, I am having issues with the Silhouette transfer paper not being sticky enough...anybody else have the same problem, or know of something better to use instead?}
The numbers were added to the Disney paint chips that I picked up at Home Depot. I knew these would be great for a Disney themed craft the second I saw them:) I grabbed a few colors just to make it more fun, but you could always do them all the same color too...maybe red!
I used some double stick tape to attach the paint sample to the glass of the last frame, and then hung them back on the board. To change out the days, we simply have to pull off the paint chip and attach the next numbered paint chip with double stick tape.
While I'm planning and packing for Disney, the boys will be counting down the days until we are at Mickey Mouse's house!
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!
Pin It!

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! My kids are counting down the year lol. 2 years they can't wait:) I hope you got my guest post as well Kelli:)

Unknown said...

This is super cute! have such a good time. Disney parks are my favorite place ever!!

Unknown said...

This is super cute! have such a good time. Disney parks are my favorite place ever!!

Digital Scrapbooking Made Easy said...

This is SO cute! I love Disneyland and need to make one of these for my family!

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

You're the countdown QUEEN! You make my chalkboard countdowns seem so lame. LOL.

I love the idea of using the Disney paint sample cards for the days.

Foursons said...

Such a cute idea. We just have a plain boring calendar hanging on the wall.

Your trip will be so much fun, I can't wait to see pictures!

Paula@SweetPea said...

This is such a great way to enjoy anticipating a special event. I can only imagine how excited your kids are for this trip.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

That is so cute!! Love that you used paint chips. :) And a fun way for the kids to visually gear up for the trip!

Darcie said...

Super, super cute! I don't know who is more excited...you, or me for you! Fun is just around the corner.

Kmama said...

Very fun!! I love it. At first I thought you used dry erase markers for the days.

Kelli said...

I love the color AND how it will add to the boys' excitement. Great job. I adore how you really make those frames work. AND I adore that scrapbook paper.

Dee said...

Please take me with you!!!! You're always so creative!

Angi Barrs said...

Soooo crafty clever. :)

Joanna said...

What a really cute idea! I know how I'm counting down to Disney next year!! 11 days...So jealous over here...we LOVE Disney!! :-)

He & Me + 3 said...

What a great idea. How do you come up with this stuff. You must lay in bed at night and dream up craft projects. CUTE. Jealous that you are going to Disney!

Angie said...

Cute! I am so thrilled you guys are going! You will have a blast and I am totally hitting you up when we plan our trip!

Myya said...

So smart to think of using the disney paint chips in a craft project... that shows that you are a true blue crafter. A regular mind like mine wouldn't have ever thought of that! LOL

Sara said...

So cute!!! Love it.

And by the way...contact paper!!!! I use contact paper to transfer vinyl. It is cheaper than transfer paper and works just as well...if not better!

Jeffrey and Michelle said...

Very cute! We moved to FL almost 2 years ago & have seasonal passes...I'm counting down the days till our black-out is over...we'll be there on the 20th! :)

Carrie @ My Favorite Finds said...

I get so excited when I see other families excited about their Disney trips. It's our favorite vacation spot, too. I did a series on my blog about traveling to Disney if you want to check it out. It's under the "Family Life and Saving Money" tab. I can't wait to see pictures!

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

So Cute!!!

Let me know when you guys are here..maybe we could meet :)

Carrie said...

Such a cute way to get ready! I love counting down to something exciting too! we have a chalkboard by our back door that we pass every day that I count down on! I love this! And so exciting that the time for your FUN trip is getting so close! We want to try a Disney trip...but don't have any plans yet! Can't wait to hear about it!!!

La-Dee-da crafter said...

This project is so Diva worthy. You have been crowned a La-Dee-Da Diva!!!
Be sure to stop by and grab the button
http://ladeedacreations.com/2011/08/diva-thursday-who-will-be-crowned-this-week-3/

More Than Words said...

Oh my gosh!! I love how you always go above and beyond!!!!!!!!!!

Heidi Boos said...

LOVE the countdown! We are going in the middle of October. It's a surprise so far, but my husband and I have talked about spilling the beans about a month before and then they can earn money for the trip by doing chores. ;) And we can have a fun countdown!! Hope you have a great time!

P.S. Is it really true that school has already started for you guys?

Michelle {Daydream Believers} said...

VERY cute idea! :) Those paint chips are fabulous - I will definitely be picking some up next time I'm at Home Depot! :) Thanks for sharing!

Kate @ The Gaines Gang said...

I'm pinning this one for our next trip! I can't tell you how many times they asked that question before we left!

Can't wait to hear about your trip,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...