Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Goodbyns: Best Lunchboxes EVER!

After posting this really cute pictures of my boys on their first day of school yesterday...

I got more than a few questions about their lunchboxes. I actually posted about them when we first bought them a few years ago {you can check it out HERE}, but I figured since so many people were interested I would share again and include a little update on them.
THE GOODBYN
I don't really remember how I stumbled upon their website more than a year ago, but it has made packing lunches for my boys so much easier and more fun!

Besides the cool factor {because if you get one of these people will constantly be telling you how cool your kid's lunchbox is}, my favorite part about the Goodbyn is that it makes packing healthy lunches quick and easy. For the first part of Kindergarten Henry had a regular old insulated lunch bag....and I was constantly throwing in prepackaged stuff. Not only is that way more expensive and not as healthy, it is also terrible for the environment! Since getting our Goodbyns my boys almost always have at least one serving of fruit and one serving of veggies in their lunchboxes...and very little trash to throw away after lunch!

I also love, love, love that the Goodbyn is dishwasher safe. I always wondered if I was really getting that little insulated bag of Henry's clean, but there is no question that your Goodbyn is clean after a run through the dishwasher:) I don't actually wash ours in the dishwasher every night though. Most nights I either rinse it out with warm soapy water or simply wipe it out with a wet rag if the boys didn't have anything messy for lunch that day.

After more than a year of use our Goodbyns are still going strong. We have had a few stickers fall off here and there, but that is to be expected when the boys take their lunch to school almost every day! That is also easily fixed with the extra stickers that I put somewhere that I can't remember in safe place to use when we needed them.

My only real complaint about our Goodbyns is that our cute drink holders aren't usable anymore...but that is mostly my fault. I accidentally left the boys drink bottles un-rinsed on the counter in our kitchen during one of the long weekends last year and some fun green stuff started growing in them. I tried cleaning them, but there was still some stubborn stuff stuck to the bottom. So instead of water or juice in their bottles, the last few months of school last year they took juice boxes instead. Not a big deal, but it does add to the trash factor and make packing lunches a little more expensive. I checked into buying new bottles, but back when I looked that wasn't an option on the Goodbyn website. Now they have the bottles for only $6.00 so I may be buying new bottles for my boys soon:)
***
I would definitely recommend the Goodbyn to anyone who is looking for a new lunchbox for their kiddos as the new school year start! The Original Goodbyn sells for around $26 and in my opinion is a really great deal. Henry used his Goodbyn for half of Kindergarten and all of 1st grade and I'm pretty sure I won't be buying him a new lunchbox until after 3rd or 4th grade! They also have a smaller version called the Goodbyn Bynto Kit that sells for around $17...though in my opinion the Original is your best bet for kiddos because you can pack a variety of things in their lunch....and none of the food touches:)

{The opinions in this post are my own. I was not compensated for this post, I just really love this product and wanted to share it with you since so many people asked about it! However if the people at Goodbyn would like to send over some new bottles for my boys or sponsor a giveaway for my readers I would be SUPER excited!}
Weekend Bloggy Reading
Pin It!

22 comments:

Esther said...

They should send you a few drink boxes for free, because I'm just about sold on a Goodbyn now :)

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Your boys are growing up SO fast! What a great photo!
Question about the lunchboxes: Do they keep food/drinks cold? I'm thinking these would be perfect for our girls!

Carole Morris said...

Love them!! I've told my husband that we're ordering these next week for sure! I'm a lunch packing momma and I've been doing Bento lunches for my kids for two years now. I'm in love with these Goodbyns! Thanks for sharing them!

Joanna said...

Those are some really cool lunch boxes! I would get them but I already got Kayla's and I ordered Kelsie's the other day. There's always next year! :-)

KTW said...

Just the sort of thing I have been hoping to find! I have a picky little guy with food allergies and end up packing his lunch most days. I've tried a couple of other similar (only slightly...never enough compartments and they're never large enough) and end up trashing them. This looks perfect! :) Thanks!

jules said...

I love those! Do they come with a drink holder? I will go check it out now.

This is really early for back to school...our kids don't go back for another month.

Foursons said...

I remember these when you got them. How cool that they are still working for you. Somehow I have instilled in my children that they need new lunchboxes and backpacks at the start of every school year even though their old ones are perfectly fine.

And yes, Goodbyn needs to be sending you some free stuff!

Gary said...

I love those fun lunch boxes! I remember you posting about them awhile back. They are awesome and you did a great job with this post. I think you sold lot of folks on how cool they are!

Angie said...

haha! That above message is from me, Angie. Gary just left for a meeting and I jumped on the home office computer to read a few blogs...ha! I didn't realize he was still logged into blogger. Baaaahhhh!

I'm sure he'd love the lunch boxes too ;)

Kyra @ RACKS and Mooby said...

These are great! Love the idea of less waste from packaging! QUestion - how do you keep the food cold? Or do you have to pack items that don't need refridgeration (ie - no mayo or lunch meats)?

Kmama said...

Those are really cool. I didn't even notice them in the picture yesterday.

Ekta said...

Super Cool lunch boxes. Thanks for sharing this info Kelli.

Dee said...

Those are cool! I'll have to keep them in mind when its time for lunch boxes around here!

More Than Words said...

They look so handsome!!! Wow..I can't believe it's school already!! And I'm totally looking into those lunchboxes!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I'm in love with that ... wish I'd seen it before I bought my kids' lunchboxes. Love it!

Michelle said...

I saw these just last week and wondered about picking one up for my youngest (it wouldn't fly with my oldest who wishes I would just shove his lunch in a grocery bag and be done iwth it....which I am NOT doing!!!) Just can't believe y'all are back to school. My boys start back on the 16th which seems too soon. Either way we are ready with all our school supplies and clothes bought and organized. I even got really motivated one day this week and iron all my boys shirts! LOL

Popping over from Amanda's Weekend Bloggy Linky party!!! Happy Friday!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Great review, Kelli! I love how it has the little individual compartments. :) It would be nice to store a banana without it turning to mush!

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

I'm on the hunt for a great box for my 2nd grader. Thanks for the info and links.

And your boys are super cute by the way. :)

Unknown said...

I love these! I am a teacher and one of my students uses these! All you said and more!
AND, the boys look adorable!
Thanks for popping by yesterday!
Kerry at housetalkn.blogspot.com

heidi said...

Holy Cats that thing is AWESOME!

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

Those look great!
My son starts KG next week (eek) and we've been looking for a lunchbox. This would be perfect, thanks for sharing the info!

uhlsfam said...

I love the idea of these!!!

I also have a question, how do you keep the food cold?

Thanks,
Melanie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...