Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Friday, August 26, 2011

Guest Post: Card Making


Hello Friends!  My name is Kelli and I blog over at Outside My Kitchen Window.  I am beyond honored to be joining you here today at *Random Thoughts of a SUPERMOM!*  I have been blog friends with Kelli for over three years now and I adore her name (hee, hee) and all of the great crafts ideas and fun (and yummy) recipes that she shares.

A little about me...I am a child of Jesus, wife, & mother of two.  I love pizza, colored pens, notebooks, Coca Cola, dolphins & sunflowers.  I am also passionate about organization and card making.
Today I would like to share with you the reason that I love making cards...thoughtfulness.  I love to take the time to appreciate a person and giving a card is one way to do that.  I like to take it a step further by making the cards myself.  I discovered this over two years ago when I attended my first Stampin Up! (the products that I use) workshop and haven't looked back.
Thank you cards are the cards that I make the most and I have some pictured below to share with you.  I have even talked about making simple thank you cards here.


I design the front of the card mostly.
But, it is also nice to add a little something to the inside:




I enjoy making cards for my kids' teachers...there are so many reasons to say thank you to them.

I tend to lean more towards brighter colors.  I love the simplicity of this card and how the white makes the colors pop!

Then there are times when I want to say hello to a friend and thank her for just being her.

I just recently opened up an etsy shop.  You can find it here if you are ever in need of a special way to say thank you (or thinking of you, happy birthday, I'm sorry, etc...I make a variety of cards).
Lastly, for fun I also like to make my Christmas cards each year.  It's almost about that time to start this year's card.


Thank you Kelli for having me and thank you Friends for joining me today.
Happy Stamping :)
Pin It!

6 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Love the teachers' cards...so cute!!!

Kelli said...

Thanks for having me over Kelli...how fun.

Joanna said...

Love you post Kelli! ;-) I love how you both have the same spelling. I think that your the only to i's I know the rest are all y's or ie's.

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Kelli, your cards are beautiful!! I'm so happy that you have opened an Etsy shop.

Paula@SweetPea said...

If I received a handmade card like one of these, I'd keep it for sure. These are great!

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

I love the thoughtfulness of it too, Kelli. It just makes it extra special to the person your giving the card to.

Congrats on the Etsy shop!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...